Da Musicz

[ETA] RTJ that I had not heard before…

4 Likes

Black is Beautiful.

12 Likes

Crosspost!

Edit: Link fixed!

7 Likes

I don’t get the playlist but a Spotify download link from that.

As an aside back in 2020 a local DJ* asked on Twitter for breakdown bangers, songs that build up to a tension relieving breakdown like when we all eventually escape lockdown and go out for a joyous night of dancing (haha) and I compiled the playlist. I don’t think anyone’s added to it since way back then but here it is:.

The DJ in question, probably the longest running Irish language avant garde/experimental/alternative/banging club music radio show in the world.

4 Likes

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh…

And this version, too…

He’s got a CD long box! Anyone remember those?!?

Nanci Griffith at the end!!! :sob: So, here she is covering Ralph McTell!

And some pogues, cause why not…

6 Likes
4 Likes

Ah! I love those! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes
3 Likes

I know… Courtney Love… but she’s fucking right here…

8 Likes

Has Spotify dropped Joe Rogan yet? Because I’m sticking to my ethics until that happens. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

As far as I know, he has not been dropped… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

At least YouTube Music has filled the gap…and it’s free. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Still there, though I was pleased to see that a few months ago a Batman audio drama podcast knocked him off the top spot for a moment. Learned this from an article somewhere, since I too do not use Spotify because of Rogan (also Apple Music does a much better job of recommendation, for me at least, so I had stopped using it before they even brought him in)

4 Likes
4 Likes

If you think Spotify are a sleazy, far right supporting, artist cheating scum bag organisation, I have some bad news for you about YouRube….

7 Likes

Oh that was lovely! Now I’ve got to find more of Abena Koomson-Davis’s work.

2 Likes

Season 6 No GIF by The Masked Singer

3 Likes

That link took me through the rabbit hole to this wonderful thing.

3 Likes

Further down the rabbit hole. I didn’t realize Earl Scruggs had come out against the war in Vietnam.

5 Likes