Da Musicz

They’ll play each of these songs as a block of music when the vote is over.

And they livestream.

5 Likes

Would something like Shirley Bassey’s Goldfinger count? I mean, he’s the villain, not the spy, technically. :thinking:

2 Likes

What songs qualify for this countdown?

Any song that features lead vocals performed by an artist who identifies as a woman can be included in this countdown if it receives enough votes.

4 Likes

So not even a “spy” song, necessarily. :man_facepalming: Obviously I must have been sleepwalking this morning.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

1 Like

Rogers was an integral force behind what the All Things Go event has blossomed into today: an indie festival whose lineup is women-led and queer-friendly, and where the crowd is reflective of that focus.

All Things Go co-founders Stephen Vallimarescu and Will Suter told AFP that Rogers approached them several years ago and said the festivals she’d been playing were dominated by male artists.

They decided the ethos of All Things Go would start being more “female-forward in terms of the lineup curation.”

It was a bold move in an industry where women remain chronically underrepresented, but it is paying off: for the first time All Things Go is spanning two days, and on both sold out the 20,000-person capacity at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.

2 Likes

If you like Shirley Bassey she did the vocals on Propellerhead’s History Repeating.

The whole album is a break beat masterpiece with lots of jazz and lounge influences. Several songs sound like they are from a lost James Bond film, and Spybreak is their most well known song, being featured in the lobby shootout scene in The Matrix.

4 Likes
1 Like

Beyond the postcards. Indie/underground from the 1980’s.

3 Likes

A twofer:

“…about the marks on your throat…”

I hipped my BF in suthun Coloforniyah to Mr Cave and Company, when I excitedly bought a Birthday Party compilation cassette. He was the lead guitarist in a truly alternative band, and his mind was blown.

Not long after acquiring it, we were listening to it on the way back from his drummer’s house in Rancho Cucamonga. When it came to

I cranked it and absolutely belted it out.

“…the vinyl is so cool, but the conversation’s cruel…”

He knew I could sing, but not like thaaaaat.

4 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I think they misspelled his name, though. I think it’s Marin, not Maron?

Yay! Jayne County got a mention!!!

And the Bags! Alice Bag kicks ass!

Lately, Cheech has been coming up in the culture in interesting ways. He’s opened a museum to house his collection of Chicano art…

And he was on the Moth twice in the past couple of years…

8 Likes

ETA

5 Likes

ETA

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

A thunder of accordians…

Seriously, it’s an unholy din full of shaky camera work, so keep that in mind when you play it…

Nandi!!!

[ETA]

3 Likes

I knew this channel existed, but couldn’t find it for searching.

I posted this in The song that’s stuck in your head right now as well, because it is.

6 Likes