Da Musicz

Holy shit. That.

3 Likes
1 Like

Just, FYI, this video is a little weird…

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve heard this song since the 90s but I randomly came across it tonight…

3 Likes
1 Like

New Jungle

Choreography reminds me a little of Thriller

1 Like

A friend turned me on to her in the early 2000s. She has major chops and can improvise with the best keyboardists and in several genres. Her Spiral CD is a blast and gives you a wild funkified ride near the end with Return Of Kung-Fu World Champion; can be heard on YT!.

O Mundo É Um Moinho lyrics! I felt that… and, even if I came to understand Brazilian Portuguese… I’d still never ever be able to fully appreciate Cartola’s poetry in its original language.

1 Like

This is one of my favorites. There are several legends about who would be the recipient of the message. Not that it matters. But it’s a beautiful song and a portrait of a time and another country that changed a lot.

3 Likes

For the world. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

There’s a post about Matthew Sweet’s album turning 32(!!), so I thought I’d share my favorite song from the album:

Phil Ajjarapu’s cover on Altered Sweet is also very good:

1 Like
4 Likes

An old friend described this as sounding like the Pistols playing Liar while Marc Bolan tries to squeeze Telegram Sam into it, and he’s RIGHT. Gorgeous! Love that fuzz bass!!!

Sir Paul McCartney on the gnar bass. Nice.

1 Like

I am not a Stones fan by any stretch, but I love this. :smiley:

1 Like

Our local alternative radio station has a retro 80s show on weekdays at noon (EST) and they always do a great playlist for Halloween…

They are currently playing The Cramps… Will cross-post to fall holiday thread, too…

1 Like
3 Likes