Da Musicz

Oh, I totally get it. I was more just curious than anything which song you were referring to because I can think of a few that seem to be ubiquituous.

Specifically, the Robin Hood one, but yeah, being saturated by any song tends to enshittify it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Speaking of Linda Ronstadt, really good live TV performance:

This came up on YouTube - crazy outfits, spiky post punk guitars, wonderfully pretentious lyrics sung with gusto and the most fantastic bombast? Check, check, check and check. They are great:

Nice find… Strikes me that it’s got a very underground/alternative 80s vibe going on…

1 Like
1 Like

ETA…

Thank you jah…

1 Like

Didn’t expect this mash-up to work so well.

My first real gig was Queen because my mates dad worked at a hotel and we got in free. Anyway we went to get the programme signed by them after and they were all SO TALL! And really nice. Freddie signed and said “here you are kid, now fuck off” and honestly we loved him right there so much.

2 Likes
1 Like

I like Caroline Shaw a lot.

(I think I posted this one a long time ago):

3 Likes

Right? She’s amazing.

I love the album Orange, looking forward to spending more time with Evergreen too.

3 Likes

Recently found this guy who plays interesting arrangements of Ukrainian folk songs:

He also makes his own hurdy-gurdies:

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I listen to a fair amount of music. Well a bit more than that. And while I’ve heard of everyone on that least I have listened to, I think, nine of them. I love Joni. Bland rawk… not so much. I don’t doubt I’ve heard big tunes from lots of them but it reminds me of when we watched the Elton John movie we’d turn to each other and go “fuck! He did that shit?” Stuff you grew up with in the background that you never, ever voluntarily listened to.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

2 Likes
3 Likes