Da Musicz

I’m playing the first Alan Wake game. It has the most amazing atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in a video game, but it’s getting broken when I stop playing to look up the songs playing on random radios I come across.

1 Like

Here is her soundcloud!

2 Likes

In another thread, I took a look at Donald Trump’s sleepy bloated face just melting across his cheekbones in court while he nodded off… and I just remembered this song with sudden clarity.
I’ve always felt like the lyrics to this song were really good.

5 Likes

Obviously, not safe for work… Because… I mean…

seth meyers what GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I’m not sure this is a real thing, though… :thinking:

6 Likes

Oh, I know it’s a real thing.

ETA: Actually, this song goes into something well beyond my personal experience. I tried to edit this sooner, but my internet crapped out on me mid-edit

3 Likes

Oh, I mean, yeah pooping on company time is a real thing, I just mean I don’t know if it’s an actually authentic vintage obscure vinyl…

3 Likes

Oh right! That seems unlikely!

3 Likes

Looking at the other videos on that channel…definitely not a real thing. There’s also a short video that looks like a promo for a comedian, but it says “from your favorite AI Boomer comic” or something like that, so I suspect some of the lyrics and music on the other videos are at least partially AI generated. They’re too well done to be all AI, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was used to help write it all.

2 Likes

I for one always dump on the company dime but… 45 minutes? Dudes, try some vegetables, drink water, get some walking in.

That is not healthy.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

trololo - eduard khil GIF

2 Likes

[ETA]

[ETA]

2 Likes
4 Likes

:thinking:

[ETA]

2 Likes

The incomparable Terry Callier brings tears to my eyes. Here’s his version of the Love Theme from Spartacus

Which I thought of today when someone posted about this:

Love is radical. Love makes the violent resort to violence. They cannot allow our solidarity. They cannot allow our common humanity. Love and respect to our brothers and sisters in protest.

6 Likes

Any idea if the artwork there is Dave McKean? It looks like it might be?

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh good call! I don’t. It was on Talkin’ Loud in the UK so I thought maybe, but that had a different cover I think and the McKean looking one is the Verve US one I think. It’s not on his list and it’s not too much like most of the albums he did (but I guess it was just more goth adjacent artists and labels that commissioned him). So: looks like but can’t confirm.

Doh! It says on it that it’s the Verve Forecast label!

Yeah, I can’t find this particular album as attributed to him… It does look very much like a Dave Mckean, though doesn’t it?

2 Likes