Da Musicz

What is it about middle aged rock dudes wearing gold teeth? (I tried to find an emoji with gold teeth, but no luck!)

I love both these songs, BTW…

3 Likes

Lack of universal health care that takes artists, musicians, and others into consideration without having to bow to corporate rule?

4 Likes

Yeah, but New Model Army is British, from the post-punk period… What’s their excuse! Mark Lanegan, okay, he’s from the Pacific NW…

I just thought it was interesting.

2 Likes

I searched high and low for a video recording of The Rolling Stones doing Melody but, alas nothing … however, I found this gem from Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings:

The original is awesome as ever:

1 Like

Snoop Dog covering Nick Cave? Let’s do it!!!

5 Likes

OMG What if Snoop went on tour with Nick Cave some day???

Holy shnizzzle that would be AWESOME!

4 Likes

Just saw Nick Cave on Monday at his “Evening of Music and Conversation”. He said he liked Snoop’s cover.

6 Likes

Yummmm

This cover by Arctic Monkeys is tasty too:

5 Likes

IMHO This song transcends

4 Likes

And for something with a very different tone… here’s the new Nick Cave album, Ghosteen, which is an atmospheric, meditative double album that’s majestic, sad, and an epic farewell to his son.

8 Likes

Welp, I kind of feel bad for posting this after the new Nick Cave album which is a tribute to his son… but…

3 Likes

I love this song, too. Thanks for posting it…

3 Likes

Getting into the spirit of the season…

4 Likes

Kate Bush’s The Sensual World came out 30 years ago today:

(there are videos embedded in the story).

8 Likes

Just like in the original movies, Pamela Vorhees is the best thing about this:

3 Likes

No strictly music, but about music:

Dude is an ethnomusicologist and a long-time member of the slave pit for Gwar… and he does go there in his analysis. Some interesting connections made.

6 Likes

That was terrific! It’s so cute that the guy is a PhD professor and the lead singer of GWAR but is still nervous doing a TED talk.

3 Likes

still lovin that voice of hers

3 Likes

As a VCU School of the Arts grad, I applaud all this! Who knew that GWAR would ever be the subject of academic ethonomusicologist?? And one of their own from this planet!

(Sigh) The Richmond Dairy Building went condo…

3 Likes

Finished watching El Camino, and the end music was so cathartic. Great song, but I think that’s Aimee Mann they’re forgetting to credit in the duet?