Da Musicz

Yeah, i was thinking “gosh, she must be wearing light colored leggings and a very low cut top…” but apparently I was wrong!

1 Like

It does sound exactly how I expected an album with that cover to sound.

2 Likes

In the 1994 film, Forrest’s love interest, Jenny, performed naked onstage with only her guitar to keep her warm. Musgraves shared a screenshot of the scene on her Twitter account.

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF

That was in no way a heartwarming scene. Now I’m squicked.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Specials covering Talking Heads Listening Wind:

3 Likes

I only recently encountered Karen Dalton, such a shame.

Only had a brief listen but Angelique Kidjo still wins the remain in light cover contest!

2 Likes

An annoying song has been rehabbed into something better.

Goon Sax covers “Steal My Sunshine”

1 Like
5 Likes

For folks in the DC area… She has an exhibit at the Hishhorn until July 2022!

5 Likes

New Tori…

New Laibach…

5 Likes

Saw this video recently which is a must watch for fans of Anderson I think:

Her MFA was in sculpture so it’s not too surprising she was into building these things.

If it wasn’t already clear I love her! I may have said this before but talking to her is funny. She talks just like Laurie Anderson with the odd… pauses and all but just so bright and positive. Like bubbly rather than the slightly serious voice on stage. I admit I walked up to her unintroduced at a show opening like a total fanboy. I don’t do that. Well if I’m passing an artist after a show I’ll always thank them but that’s it.

3 Likes

Great sets from everyone and an amazing location. I’ve blasted this at work several times now:

Highly recommend the entire 5 hour event

1 Like

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

She’s definitely someone I’d fangirl over, too! Love that woman so very much!

3 Likes

This video from Adele…

…reminds me of this tune:

3 Likes
6 Likes

I really feel for people who spent a whole lot of money and made arrangements 2+ years ago when tickets originally went on sale only to be “told too bad so sad, try again”.

I had pretty good seats for the soon-to-be-canceled tour stop at the Tacoma Dome in May, 2022, and I am sure as hell not going through the Ticketmaster carnival of suck again. Stadium shows suck, and he’s way more popular now than when his tour was originally announced which means tickets will be way more expensive for equivalent seats (and shitter acoustics because stadium show).

It’s a pretty shitty move that feels like a cynical cash grab to me. Especially after the tour rescheduled 3 times already.

2 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

This making any sense to anyone is close to zero.

Their gigs are awesome too:

2 Likes

Drop whatever it is you are doing.

Maybe I didn’t sell this enough. It’s mixing desk recording and rough camera for projected broadcast of Kate Bush’s only tour. It’s out there now so I suppose it won’t go away, but this is an incredibly surprising find. Worth it alone for her absently yodelling warmups on the feed before the show kicks off.

I know she’s meant to be dancing singing in a womb here but it looks like a plush exotic 70s vampire boudoir coffin.

The man with the mellotron in his ears!

They are the…most sexual cellos I have ever seen. Not sexy. Just way more genitalia than a string instrument should have.

Paddy Bush spoken word interlude went down… well?

You get to hear the whole interval break. Synth player liked Tomita obvs.

She just fluffed a Joanna intro and went “fuckin ell” and restarted. I guess they would have edited that out in the beeb.

After an athletic performance, particularly vocally though she won’t have liked one of her steps, the hot mic has her out of breath going “lots going wrong”. There isn’t really.

Long way on. There’s an orange Ronald Reagan in a circus set for Coffee Homeground. For some reason.

Ah. 50Hz. My old friend.

ETA

Gone now.

5 Likes