Daniel Chong takes gorgeous photos of Dubai skyscrapers above the fog

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/04/daniel-chong-takes-gorgeous-ph.html

2 Likes

I have a hard time enjoying or appreciating anything that comes out of Dubai.
Why the world continues to ignore the slavery, homophobia to the point of making it a crime punishable by death, enforced misogyny, criminalization of atheism, torture, disappearances, etc is beyond me.
It is an abhorrent place with abhorrent laws and a high concentration of the worlds worst people. Please BoingBoing, there is nothing wonderful about Dubai. Stop talking about it unless it is to bring to light the human rights violations taking place every day in that crap fest of a UAE pit.

10 Likes

sorta reminds me of ghost in the shell

Would you say you find the aesthetic merits of these photos… Dubaious?

4 Likes

Let’s see. Photographer of Chinese descent, with French citizenship. Beautiful images, but somehow it has to turn it into a socio-political post about the location the photos were taken.

Stop talking about it unless it is to bring to light the human rights violations taking place every day in that crap fest of a UAE pit.

Would you say you are disappointed?

What does the race and citizenship of the photog have to do with anything? What you call beautiful, I see as an advert for abuse and excess.

Absolutely nothing, which is my point. I’ve seen beautiful photography done of war zones, and I don’t view it as advertising or condoning warfare.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.