David Lynch shows off his latest sculpture

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/14/david-lynch-shows-off-his-latest-sculpture.html

4 Likes

Of course David Lynch would be the Bob Ross of the apocalypse.

15 Likes

I kept waiting for SOMETHING to happen, but no: just a weird sculpture. Of course, I expected that obnoxious vacuum noise at the beginning to last the first 95% of the video, too, so what do I know. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So, is the title of it, Once Relevant Grandpa Makes a Cheap Light Fixture For No Good Reason?

3 Likes

hawk-no

Awesome still relevant director and all around interesting dude makes a cheap light fixture because it’s a fun thing to do.

14 Likes

Hoot! Smile! Different strokes, and all that.

1 Like

How remarkably dull. I wouldn’t have guessed DL was that boring. :wink:

What’s interesting is that a maker of interesting films makes relatively uninteresting sculptures. It is interesting that his talent is not limitless.

2 Likes

While not very interesting, it is far from the most uninteresting sculpture I have seen, personally.

3 Likes

Life? Art? Life imitating Art? Is he an outsider artist, or is he a trickster? Who cares? He made a thing! For all I know this is part of the Throckmorton Device.

3 Likes

A composer or a composter, you decide.

1 Like

FWIW, he made also made decent album once:

1 Like

Okay, David - how about you show us this mother in the dark then!? Christ.

/I jest. But I was expecting to clever shadowcasting though.

featuring Lee Scratch Perry

1 Like

I think it is possible that David Lynch has made a gonculator and is trolling us.

I am really enjoying his weather reports.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.