David Nutt wants to make non-addictive, safer synth-booze that comes with a sober-up pill

Why not make new drugs?

Well, consider Heroin and Vicodin, two drugs that were developed to provide the effects of opium but without addiction. Look where that got us.

I have no desire to remove the chemical effects. I like the combination of that and the drink they come in.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really surprised no one here has really mention hows hes useing drugs to target the GABA system for pleasant effects, and noone has Mentioned GHBā€¦ feels like booze but better no liver damage very low toxicity and only lasts exactly 4 hours. can time your bot roast b y the stuffā€¦

It is so obvious, but since nobody else has said it I guess that it is up to meā€¦ ā€œThat man is a Nuttā€

1 Like

Worf had it right.

1 Like

The second most important thing about David Nutt, after his invention of proto-synthehol, is how his dismissal from his government role was labelled.

The Great British Press were delighted to refer to this affair as, ā€œNuttsackā€.

2 Likes

Alcohol isnā€™t tasteless. Try tasting neat vodka, it has a fiery taste that in smaller proportions flavours all alcoholic beverages. Zero alcohol drinks donā€™t taste the same, even if they have the same levels of sugars and flavours.

1 Like

Butā€¦ butā€¦ I love them bothā€¦

1 Like

So then you admit that your earlier statement of drinking alcohol because you like the taste is at best a half-truth? -head scratch-

Phrase it how you like. The idea of a purely chemical buzz is of no interest to me. And I donā€™t much care for shots either either. I donā€™t dislike the effect of alcohol, but I donā€™t drink to get drunk. As I said earlier, I like coffee, donā€™t take caffeine tablets (but donā€™t drink decaf coffee either).

But Iā€™m odd. Never even smoked pot, not even on trips to Amsterdam.

2 Likes

Or a Blue Moon at a social cocktail party?

2 Likes

ā€œbot roastā€ ???

Psst, hasnā€™t taken the antidote part yet, lol.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.