DEA agents who imprisoned student for 5 days without food or water receive wrist slap

[Permalink]

1 Like

I am surprised exactly not at all.

Seriously- did anyone think they would be held accountable?

4 Likes

The thugs who did this are lucky Chong didn’t die. Then they might have gotten their other wrist slapped.

I’m pro-government. Unfortunately I don’t have a government; I live under the rule of a mafia with two major families and no code of honor.

22 Likes

How on earth did they expect him to survive five whole days without any money??

12 Likes

This is how you legalize torture.

6 Likes

If Chong had died, I’d be SHOCKED if much more happened.

3 Likes

Five days without pay…

Five days without food and water…

Seems fair to me.

4 Likes

If he had died, even less would have happened since he wouldn’t have been around to tell his side of the story. Dead men tell no tales.

8 Likes

right, the investigation would have determined he committed suicide by refusing the food and water they put out for him.

4 Likes

Where’s 4chan when you need them?

Just because the Feds let them get away with it, doesn’t mean everybody else will.

Does anyone know if it’d be possible for him to contest it, or try a civil suit? Not that he should have to, but I’m surprised that this could be the end of it?

2 Likes

Not your personal army

1 Like

I’d like to test if the soldiers in the war on drugs can still be tried for war crimes.

2 Likes

Yeah, otherwise they’d be there, obviously.

Thank god for that. The chilling effects on psychopathic negligence could have been disastrous for the economy.

2 Likes

Whenever I think about becoming a gun-owner again it’s never because of some criminal I hear about. It’s always fear of cop.

4 Likes

By no means mutually exclusive.

5 Likes

In a world of wrist-slaps, five days without pay is kind of like capital punishment, comparatively.

1 Like

Law enforcement acts with impunity for good reason. They should be held to a higher standard, but they are held to the lowest standard imaginable. I thought I had a low bar as far as that goes, but this is appalling to me. Neither the feds nor congress has any control over any of these agencies–and they wonder why people riot.

5 Likes