Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

A couple of days after Michael Lonsdale’d demise I read about this much less well-known person who was responsible for a lot of Bond action…

And I never knew this - a 3D Coronation in 1953:

Earlier, in his documentary-making career, Wooster shot in colour the only 3D footage of the Queen’s coronation. However, Royal Review 1953, which was commissioned by the newsreel company Pathé Films, was never publicly screened at the time because the 3D format proved short-lived. It was dropped because of the expense of installing the system in cinemas and supplying audiences with special glasses just as the public were turning to the newly popular television.

Wooster and the director, Robert Angell, placed two cameras side by side and edited the pictures together to give the illusion of 3D for their coverage of the Queen’s return journey from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey and events over the following three weeks, including a trip to the Epsom Derby and the first close-up shots of the new monarch as she embarked from the royal barge on the Thames.

8 Likes
11 Likes

The man who fell out with Murdoch.

5 Likes

Gerson King Combo - 1943-2020, brazilian singer, soul music pioneer.

https://twitter.com/JornalOGlobo/status/1308793634611892224

7 Likes
3 Likes

Probably won’t mean much to those on the left hand side of the pond…

2 Likes

Nika Dubrovsky put David Graeber’s autopsy result online

5 Likes

Ringu remains one of the creepiest films of all time. I don’t think the American remake really did it justice.

11 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Joaquín Salvador Lavado Tejón, aka Quino, argentine cartoonista and creator of the character Mafalda.

I Will miss him.

Descanse em paz.

8 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes

Shit! That sucks. I wonder who shot him?

6 Likes