Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

https://louderthanwar.com/andy-barker-808-state-rip/

6 Likes
17 Likes

The Boy With The Green Hair was a favorite when I was a child. It would play on the Saturday or Sunday movie matinee on local TV.

4 Likes

That one hurts.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I did not realise he’d had such an input to so much of UK TV quite apart from Dr Who and Wallace & Gromit.

7 Likes

Rick Wilson has a lot to answer for.

11 Likes

For those not clicking through here is the author (Rick Wilson) of the ad campaign that gave Max Cleland PTSD and destroyed his career "they didn’t calculate that I have no moral center when it comes to political ads, and I will destroy the innocent and the guilty …”

Basically the motto of every Republican.

10 Likes

Rick Wilson:
“I have no moral center” - fixed that for you.

“ The Lincoln Project has long been accused of profiteering off of anti-Trump sentiment without generating value or results. As The Inquisitr reported, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) data previously revealed that 89.3 percent of the committee’s disbursements from November 5, 2019, to March 31, 2020, were funneled to “operating expenditures.” Elsewhere, The Daily Beast pointed to a Priorities USA experiment that suggested The Lincoln Project’s ads were generally not persuading voters.

In addition, OpenSecrets.org reported The Lincoln Project has faced scrutiny for focusing only a small amount of its money on political advertisements to sway voters while funneling large amounts of funds to its advisory board members.

“The group also hides some of its vendors by stealthily paying subcontractors, making it difficult to follow the money,” the non-profit reported.”

“ The scrutiny on The Lincoln Project comes not long after former member and co-founder John Weaverwas accused by 21 men of sexual harassment. Although the group claimed ignorance of the accusations and purported secret life led by Weaver, author Ryan Girdusky — who first broke the story — claimed they were lying and said they ignored the accusations until The New York Times addressed them.”

12 Likes
13 Likes
4 Likes

The brother who disappeared.

7 Likes

The CNN weekend quiz fairly glosses over the apartheid piece. Sounds like a real swell guy /s (yes, I know, it’s a snapshot summary)

5 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
14 Likes

Sad news!

Weirdly, I’m currently watching the 4th season of JoJo’s bizarre adventure, which has characters named after musicians. This season has a character’s power that’s named “Moody Blues”… although for some reason in the subtitles on Netflix, they can’t use that (copyright weirdness) so it’s called “Moody Jazz” instead? But you can still hear them calling him “Moody Blues”… There is also a “Sex Pistols” but it’s called “Six bullets”…

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Guardian obit focuses a lot on his poetry (lyrics).

5 Likes