Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Fucking hell today is a sad day for celebrity deaths.

It’s amazing. They all look like they are 15, which I guess wasn’t too far from reality as they were barely adults at this point.

7 Likes

Yeah…

6 Likes

When I saw Brian Wilson on tour in 2019, during God Only Knows The Zombies’ Colin Blunstone joined to sing lead vocals with Rod Argent doing keyboards and harmony. The Zombies were the opening act so that cool but not super surprising. Then in a real surprise, Alan White joined to play sleigh bells. I didn’t realize until then that he was living in Seattle.

That’s my Alan White story.

8 Likes

Sad Scream GIF

6 Likes
12 Likes

I love this:

“Whadaya doin’ creep?”
“Who, me?”
(looks up sidewalk) “No, I’m talkin’ to the other fifty creeps here.”

7 Likes
8 Likes

He won his first race in 1948 at the age of 12. He was still racing in the mid-1990’s, after (it must be said) some time in prison for tax fraud and the withdrawal of his OBE. And he was well into his fifties by then.

4 Likes

RIP, Rompin’ Ronnie. Your adopted country remembers.

“90% of all the money I’ve ever had in my life I spent on women, booze and drugs. The other 10% I just blew.”

8 Likes

Reminds me of the great quote from Sir Henry Rawlinson at Rawlinson End:

“If I had all the money I’d spent on drink, I’d … spend it on drink.”

Also, George Best: “I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” (That was June 2005. I suspect nether of them said it first - there must be many prior variations of this, I reckon.)

5 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

News courtesy of @cool_catbad -thanks for the tip

13 Likes

A unsung legend that reshaped the entire world of music.

9 Likes

I’ve heard often what a sound guy he was. I’m delighted that his contribution to music was being increasingly recognised and, a bit like Bob Moog, he was having an instrument creation resurgence in the last few years.
I have a lovely DSI synth that makes some of the most aggressive and bonkers noises (plus lots of blinkenlights and knobs!) which is as close a connection I get to him. That and MIDI of course, which unites us all.

Do read the tributes in the article above.

8 Likes

Could not work out where to post news tip…but Dave Smith, founder of Sequential Circuits and the Prophet synthesizer has died.

5 Likes