Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

4 Likes

I know that stretch of highway. Mulege is a pretty place, but one should not fuck around on those narrow roads and almost hairpin turns.

4 Likes

No paywall :

7 Likes
11 Likes

Still some of my all-time favorite Broadway lyrics:

Oh say can you see
     My eyes if you can
     Then my hair’s too short

Thank you, James Rado, for everything.

6 Likes

Not gonna cut it 'til it stops by itself!

6 Likes

9 Likes

When Dom was editor of Mixmag, I used to have a problem with how he would cover some Northern English clubs repeatedly, but refused to print anything about the Happy Hardcore, bouncy techno and gabber nights I wanted to go to. I still bought the magazine because it was one of the four magazines dedicated to the dance music scenes in the UK.

In hindsight, he did a great service to LGBTQ+ culture in the UK, especially the North of England and Scotland

10 Likes

The perfect ineffectual village vicar.

ETA Oh, FFS! I am sick of these one-boxes not working on Discourse recently! The images appear in preview, and disappear once posted.

6 Likes
9 Likes

ETA: archive.ph

ETA2: again with the Oneboxing problem - the image was there both in the preview (where it still appears) and in the posted message (where it has been replaced by the “broken” image) when I posted this.

8 Likes

A follow up on Fletch’s death…

9 Likes
12 Likes

George C Scott America GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

11 Likes

Hear tell he was pretty much an asshole.

8 Likes
15 Likes

Not mentioned in the article:
He publicly revealed that he was schizophrenic in the mid 90s. It didn’t stop him from winning 6 Scottish Premier League titles in a row with Rangers.

7 Likes
2 Likes

ETA:

3 Likes

6 Likes