Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

3 Likes

https://www.keane-eyes.com

A good movie to watch if you haven’t already:

12 Likes
7 Likes

well, sort of dead

9 Likes

He will resurrect himself and go back to writing hateful articles (I refuse to call it journalism)

12 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes

And that’s all he is - just a fucking ‘celebrity’. Not a politician, not a leader, not even a proper journalist, just a jumped-up, narcissistic, selfish, self-serving, nothing much.

ETA Actually @milliefink, I’d be grateful if you deleted that post, witty as it is (so I can delete this one). He does not deserve to be in the company of the many fine people here.

7 Likes

Jonathan

7 Likes

Wait. Don’t we have some unfine people on this thread, too? I have to say that we’ve had a run of fine people who have died in the last month or so. I had to go back to @dfaris’s post of Ruby Ridge’s Randy Weaver on May 13.

@milliefink I vote that you leave it, since BoJo is both politically and socially dead. :wink:

ETA: also super sad to hear about James Caan.

2 Likes

Do we have other examples of people being listed as dead, “metaphorically?” Seems like that opens a whole can of worms.

3 Likes

No, but I was addressing the “fine people” angle. I still think it’s perfect, but I’m not TPTB.

There might have been a few more that could have appeared here since then. I can think of at least one notorious celebrity’s death that I’ve come across but chose not to share it because I figured none of us needed any more targets for our 2-minutes hate.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. But he is not dead - still alive and making people-fucking mischief.
Fuck him.

3 Likes

Not exactly a “celebrity”, but my stepson sure loved Yu-Gi-Oh!

ETA non-paywalled article

5 Likes

I was disappointed I was beaten to the punch for posting his passing, I so wanted to post “James Caan, star of Rollerball has passed away”. Obituary headlines are so boring when they just say their best stuff :wink:

4 Likes

SCOTUS is dead to me.

4 Likes

Thanks, I feel inclined to leave it, especially since I added an explanation.

I doubt others will add many similar notices, and if they do, and if the thread’s originator, @bunkyboar, objects (to those or to my post), seems to me that requests for deletion should be their call.

5 Likes

The style of the 1960s and 70s.

10 Likes

12 Likes