Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

6 Likes

Sad…

The spooned cherry in a Minneapolis sculpture garden is sublime.

15 Likes

I love the four giant shuttlecocks at the Nelson in KC:

It’s even in their logo:

14 Likes

Fuck. My favorite thing at the Walker Art Center. :frowning:

I got dragged there a lot growing up. Didn’t care for much of the indoor permanent collection, nor many of the traveling exhibits, but the outdoor collection is sublime. Great small performance venue, too.

11 Likes

I still have a t-shirt from their De Stijl exhibition: imagine Mondrian-colored lines separating

De Look
De Color
De Stijl

Found it! (Photo on the internet)

On the back it says Walker Art Center in black.

10 Likes

Right?

For me it’s a tie between that and Jenny Holzer’s granite benches. Some are thought provoking for me, and some are hilarious.

14 Likes

Jenny and the Holzers!

3 Likes

Great name!

Hmmm…Vincent and the Van Goghs?

Salvador and the Dollies!

Louise and the Bourgeoisie!

4 Likes

Better yet, the band had Dorothy Gambrell (Cat and Girl) and Mr. Chen (her partner), on guitar and drums respectively.

5 Likes

Nazareth were the first band I saw live in Feb 1973 when they supported Deep Purple on tour. (Deep Purple were of course the second.)

I may have had intermittent tinnitus ever since that day.

4 Likes
6 Likes

I knew him mainly as my favorite bass player from Miles Davis’ band (something I made sure to tell him when I spoke to him once-- he seemed to enjoy hearing that).

8 Likes
6 Likes

And I just saw this one too, though @FGD135 already logged it.

3 Likes

So many movies…

15 Likes

He also played Gul Madred in the Star Trek: the Next Generation two-part episode Chain of Command, and very nearly broke Captain Picard into seeing five lights.

four lights GIF

13 Likes

Noooooo! He was the best villain character actor we were ever blessed with!

11 Likes

Very sad to hear this.

Jack the Ripper in 1970s San Francisco in Time After Time. He was perfectly evil.

Sci Fi Thanks To You GIF by Warner Archive

17 Likes

13 Likes

That’s a great movie. It’s available on Prime, I think I’ll watch it one evening this week.

5 Likes