Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

And also this second article from today’s paper.

A real loss of a great guy and fantastic guitarist. Dr Feelgood were just unbeatable in the Wilko/Lee Brilleaux days.

I’ve always loved this particular live clip of the Feelgoods playing in a small town square in France to a bemused audience of locals. The band do not care - they just do their thing

This is also a great TV piece (the on screen text was added many years later)

And this is even better.

I’ll stop now - there’s too many clips. Search on Youtube and indulge yourselves.

Oh - and try to find Oil City Confidential, if you can.

5 Likes

Another innovator behind the scenes who set us on the path to today…

(PS IBM 360s are mentioned. That was the first computer I ever typed something into as a user.)

7 Likes
15 Likes

Fuck…so young. I remember her from The Electric Company.

Whether involved or not, fuck cancer for good measure

9 Likes

Came here to say this also.

10 Likes
4 Likes

Aw! The Sword and the Sorcerer is a long time favorite!

8 Likes

Never seen it but it keeps coming up in my Watchlists. Is it the good kind of trashy?

6 Likes

Absolutely! It is trash of the highest order and has a scene where the party argues about whose fault it is they are in prison that could have come out of my RPG campaign.

There is another scenethe scene…which I will not spoil

5 Likes

That’s my Sunday after-dinner movie sorted then, thanks :+1:

5 Likes

It was terrible.

But in a fun, stupid 80s way, so that’s OK, and I also learned over a dozen synonyms for Wench; I’m not so sure about that… :wink:

7 Likes

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

4 Likes

My friend and I saw Cyborg in the theater. By the time the final battle was occurring onscreen, we were just having a great old time impersonating Fender and roaring at each other in an otherwise empty theater.

5 Likes

I can see the appeal, all you need to re-enact Akira is two people to alternatively shout “Tetsuo!” and “Kaneda!” at each other.

6 Likes
10 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/29/entertainment/clarence-gilyard-jr-die-hard-dead-intl-scli/index.html

His death was announced on Monday in a statement from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), where he had been working as an associate professor at the College of Fine Arts.

What a good guy, passing his extraordinary talent along like that.

12 Likes
12 Likes

What a wonderful tribute to a very full life! RIP, Mrs. Hardaway…

and fuck cancer.

9 Likes
5 Likes
16 Likes