RIP, Dawn Wells

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/30/rip-dawn-wells.html

10 Likes

Sad news.

hXb1i-1467904722-4815-list_items-gilligan_maryannradio|nullxnull

Just . . sad!

26 Likes

Good bye Dawn Wells. You were part of the foundation of my youth.

2020, the year that just keeps taking. Right to the bitter end.

13 Likes

Are there no lows that this year from hell will not stoop to?

5 Likes

I was always team M. A.

13 Likes

It was amazing what the Howells happened to pack in their giant steamer trunk, or what the Professor could fabricate from coconuts. For example: Dimensional lumber used to construct their stage!

3 Likes

Somewhat on topic but Mary Anne is thought to have embodied the deadly sin of envy according to this theory…

4 Likes

This is really weird – for some reason she came to mind this morning, thinking about how that role defined her to us but was effectively a blip in her life.

4 Likes

Still messed up that the original theme song mentioned the first five characters by name but relegated Mary Ann and the Professor to “…and the rest!”

9 Likes

Aw man. Son of a bitch…

2 Likes

I had that “came to mind this morning” thing happen when Rodger Moore died. Except it was the day before. I then wondered “What time did Rodger Moore die?” but I wasn’t able to google the time. Did you try googling what time Dawn Wells died?

I was sure the Coconut Hydroxychlorocreme Pie would have helped.

3 Likes

This is the Gilligan’s Island curse!

So far every member of the cast has died (except for Ginger).

3 Likes

Yep. Always and forever Team Mary Ann. :heart:

6 Likes

I used to be Team Ginger, then Team Mary Ann, and then finally Team Threesome.

2 Likes

And still real life lich Henry Kissinger is chugging along. This year just gets worse. Rest in peace Mary Ann, thanks for all the laughs in my childhood. :cry:

2 Likes

Back when I got the news that Steve Irwin died I had just woken up from a dream where he had died. Too weird.

1 Like

Oh, Ginger died too. The one that still lives is her doppelganger. Haven’t you seen The Stepford Wives?

1 Like

They got added in later, though.

1 Like

Yes, and those two were arguably the most necessary to their survival, what with the Professor’s inventive genius and Mary Ann’s mad culinary skillz. Glad they were added to the lyrics in the second season.

2 Likes