Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

11 Likes

I love the work he did with Michael Jackson and the Jacksons: Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration (2001) and Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon (2011).

1 Like

This won’t mean anything to non-Australians, but …

Father Bob was a mensch.

13 Likes

Vale, comrade.

6 Likes

Here’s an archived Financial Times article.

12 Likes

Looks like some of the old time bible thumpers are starting to kick the proverbial bucket…

1 Like
9 Likes
6 Likes

BBC News - Barry Humphries: Dame Edna Everage comedian dies at 89

13 Likes
9 Likes

Oh, and a reminder that Dame Edna Everage is illegal in Florida.

13 Likes

I avoid posting up local heroes a bit but Bród met everyone and would have been in footage of all sorts of events and seen all over the world.

15 Likes

Goodbye Possums

How about Sir Les Patterson?

6 Likes

Oh no! Only two days ago I experienced the joy of John Hodgman learning about Michael D. Higgins and his dogs on his Get Your Pets livestream, so they were very much on my mind recently

5 Likes

That dog knew how to interrupt an interview :pleading_face:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Shouts of “Seven!” ring out across the land.

6 Likes

I like that everyone accepted he was allowed to! No bad things happen if a dog wanders into the room and gets some love from the humans around.

5 Likes

TIL that Humphries played Edna Everage on the Late Show in 1966, alongside Eleanor Bron, who partly inspired the song “Eleanor Rigby.” She, in turn, is quoted as once saying “Both men and women are fallible. The difference is, women know it.” Humphries never learned that lesson from the character he played.

4 Likes
11 Likes