Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

8 Likes

Amazingly, I hadn’t heard either in decades, but could sing along without missing a word. That guy could tell a story.

12 Likes

Oh damn, I am sorry to hear this. He was the headliner at the first show I ever went to. He was great

10 Likes

He’s pretty well know here in Michigan because of the Edmund Fitzgerald, the anchor is on Belle Isle at Dossin Great Lakes Ship Museum and Detroit is home to the Mariners Church on the Detroit River

“In a musty old hall in Detroit, they prayed in the Maritime Sailors’ Cathedral. The church bell chimed 'til it rang 29 times for each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald.”

It was also built on the Detroit River.

80 years old here.
“Fellas, it’s been good to know ya”

13 Likes

Get out old Gord’s records…

(Yeah, of course I picked the live Chicago performance. Do you guys even know me?!)

9 Likes
9 Likes

32 :sob:

5 Likes

Oh, no! This is very sad. She was an amazing athlete. :cry:

5 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

Came to note same.

5 Likes

More a local celebrity…

He also founded some local, smaller clubs that were popular in the 90s… I saw the Legendary Pink Dots at the Cotton Club…

6 Likes

Rita Lee Jones, American-Brazilian rock star.

Oh boy. My parents loved Her. I used to listen to Her álbums with my old Man.

Now my father is enjoying a cool gig in Heaven.

Peace Mrs. Lee and thanks for all the good moments with my parents .

ETA

18 Likes
10 Likes

David Miranda, an ex-congressman from Brazil, has died, according to his husband, Gleen Greenwald.

3 Likes

Does the article say how he died?

3 Likes

Per my very poor portugese, gastronitestinal inflamation and a very bad infection :frowning:

3 Likes
6 Likes

He was hospitalized in ICU since August because of a gastrointestinal infection, as @nick_warr said.

4 Likes

Very sad! He sounds like he was amazing!

5 Likes