Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

For those unfamiliar, he was head coach when the “The Play” occurred. He was quite a character.

4 Likes

He was.
After Jean Wyllys fled the country because of death threats, he assumed the vacant congress seat and kept a great work against the right wing government and with pro LGBT programs (coincidentally one of the same focus of Jean Wyllys).

3 Likes

Pois é.

It came as a surprise. I remember reading one or two months ago that he was getting better and now…

Uma pena.

6 Likes

Possibly not a celebrity, even though the art might be?

6 Likes

Probably UK only, but we all knew his face even if we didn’t know his name, because he was in so many TV programmes here over many years.

5 Likes

Archive version: https://archive.ph/RADBF

2 Likes

Too young! :cry:

I have several signed prints that I purchased in the early 90’s. My favorite of the lot is for B-52s and an anti-drink/driving poster featuring a very grim reaper.

3 Likes

Woman International Master Sue Maroroa Jones

5 Likes

I was home sick from school at the beginning of the whole Luke and Laura phenomenon with no cable TV and only about 8 channels in the 70s, I got hooked.

5 Likes

I just now read that Steve Bronski had died, in late 2021:

By the time I first heard them, Jimmy Somerville had already left the group (& was in The Communards) so I was actually more familiar with this song/video; it got some rotation when we’d all go out dancin’:

(Never did see Letter to Brezhnev referenced therein)

5 Likes
6 Likes

Wow, what are the odds?

5 Likes

Not a human celebrity, so I hope this is OK.

14 Likes
4 Likes

Oh man, I grew up in that era of wrestling. We were always at Cobo Arena on Saturday nights every few weeks for the big matches. The early 70s through the early 80s was an awesome time for wrestling especially for a little kid.

I’ve seen all the greats including Billy Graham. Here he is with two other greats from that era, Harley Race and Bruno Sammartino.

I associated “Billy Graham” with an entirely other aesthetic.

All of the above is deeply strange to me, even if stadiums are involved with both Billys.

7 Likes

The other one died five years ago.

3 Likes

They both died in the last few years.

Harley Race and Bruno Sammertino.

1 Like

OH my bad, I thought you meant the other Billy Graham.

2 Likes
8 Likes