8 Likes

Sarcastic Oh No GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure Bunga Bunga in hell is totally gonna be worth it. :+1:

8 Likes
6 Likes

1941, Once upon a time in Americaā€¦

10 Likes

ETA: this is really the one I always associate with him from Hair, despite the fact that heā€™s only one of many singers in it:

Oh heck, thatā€™s a callback from this:

10 Likes

I think what I liked about him most was how he would put himself into a character 100%, no matter how small or ridiculous the part. I think it served him well later in his career.

One example I would support is his role as James Bennett/Sam Phelps in the Matt Bomer series White Collar.

10 Likes

I remembered him from this.

6 Likes

Me from this one:

Itā€™s pretty skeevy. Also based on a Joyce Carol Oates story. Both got me started on thinking that she sometimes displays a kind of perverse streak in her writing.

6 Likes

Yikes. I saw that in his filmography while trying to remember the title of Flashpoint. Maybe Iā€™ll give it a miss :confused:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve read several of his novels. Blood Meridian was the best I thought, because itā€™s so brutally honest about U.S. history. So brutal though that I donā€™t think I could do it again.

10 Likes

After reading ā€œThe Road,ā€œ someone asked me if Iā€™d be watching the movie.

ā€œFuck noā€œ was all I could say.

7 Likes

I watched the movie for The Road in our local ā€œartā€ theater. Never again. ::shudder::

7 Likes

It was so brilliantly bleak a read I couldnā€™t imagine subjecting myself to that story in 3d.

3 Likes