Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Sweet sound. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Would you dare ask her if she would be okay with her own eulogy being, ā€œWellā€¦ she was oldā€?

tumblr_m4hm5xs23V1qm9rypo1_1280

6 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

The Singing Detective was brilliant.
Am I right, or am I right?

8 Likes
9 Likes

I feel like such a fraud. Iā€™ve never seen it.

Itā€™s not available for streaming though. At least not here.

2 Likes

You know that feeling when youā€™re relieved that itā€™s over? Why she couldnā€™t retire and do good in the private sector like Jimmy Carter is beyond me. The size of ego one must haveā€¦ I mean if there was a reason to hold onto her job - like if she knew she was gonna be replaced by some insane fascist or something Iā€™d get it but sheā€™s from a. Safely liberal district. Sigh. Life goal: donā€™t live your life in such a way that people are relieved when you die. (Sorry if this is harsh)

2 Likes

Taped it off the telly back then, digitized the tapes a couple of years ago. Good enough to watch it on a tablet.

3 Likes

Just remembered I have the DVD set in work!

Sorry to derail but another reminder of why we still have physical media in work (a library) and players to take away too.

2 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes

Loved growing up always coming across him randomly in his acting career. I always wondered if he and Alex Karras were ever up for the same roles or just coincidentally worked similar paths. Like Alex in Victor Victoria and Dick in Johnny Dangerously always seemed linked to me.

4 Likes

I doubt they were up for the same part very much, if ever. Karras was a much better actor. Not that he was a great actor, but he could act. Dick Butkusā€¦could play Dick Butkus. And thatā€™s not a bad thing, but itā€™s just different.

3 Likes

(His name makes me laugh. :laughing: )

1 Like
4 Likes
11 Likes