Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

For the punk-inclined, the drummer for Social Distortion (and the Plugz!) has died at the age of 56:

7 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Wow…that’s really sad.

3 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

Winnie Mandela has died, aged 81. Source: Wikipedia

7 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

What the hell is going on with your footballers, UK? They’re dying at an alarming rate.

5 Likes

Ray Wilkins was a smoker and had a history of alcoholism.

I agree though, a lot of footballers are dying young from heart problems. I really don’t know why FIFA aren’t looking into it. Maybe they haven’t worked out how to use corruption to benefit from it yet.

5 Likes

He said some really stupid things about the football sexual abuse scandal recently, but that doesn’t mean he deserved to die that young.

3 Likes

I had to watch that for a class, back in college (Radio-TV-Film major). We also dissected The Graduate enough times that I didn’t watch it again for 9 or 10 years afterward, and I don’t recall watching Notorious in the 28 years since then. It didn’t decrease my enjoyment of The Godfather but those fuckers took points off 'cause they thought I misspelled “Sollozzo.”

3 Likes

I was a big fan of Bernie Gunther. I’m sad that there won’t be any more stories.

4 Likes

I’d have expected this information to make it to the BB headlines:
https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/08/isao-takahata-obituary

6 Likes

Wal-Mart has: Walmart Sued For Collecting Life Insurance on Employees | WFSU News

2 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Host of Coast to Coast AM.

5 Likes

Came here to post this. I don’t know if it is possible for anyone who hasn’t listened to the show to appreciate how amazing it was, as any description (correctly) makes it sound completely nuts.

3 Likes