Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Lots of people have at least read World Systems Analysis: An Introduction. That’s popular in both upper division history courses or early grad seminars that focus on methodology. It probably shows up in some economics classes as well, I’d wager.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Speaking of economics…
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/frederic-pryor-player-in-bridge-of-spies-case-dies-at-86/ar-AAH8UIX?ocid=spartandhp

8 Likes

This is a great reminder that women were the backbone and the foot soldiers of the civil rights movement.

14 Likes

A thoughtful piece on his life:

8 Likes

I guess the rock stars of my day are getting to that age.

20 Likes

We are losing the best singers of the old generation.

5 Likes

Seriously. I mean why not Ted “NRA” Nuget.

12 Likes

Painful news. I hate to see this thread pop to the top of the BBS list.

10 Likes

@buenavides1 did say "best.”

6 Likes

I was a young music listener when The Cars were popular. The funny thing is that Led Zeppelin was by that time, while still popular, a Dinosaur Rock band, and The Cars were a hip MTV band, and Robert Plant was born in 1948 and Ric Ocasek in 1945. Led Zeppelin is just an example. All those dinosaur rock guys just got popular before the ones that followed them did, even though the ones who followed them were often about the same age.

Age is a Funny Thing

8 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes

Cokie Roberts was the same age as Ric Ocasek.

5 Likes

Even Celtic fans are laying wreaths at Ibrox.

7 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, that’s really sad. Who’d have thought that when they introduced that ferengi kid in DS9 he’d have such an important story arc, brilliantly acted as well.

9 Likes

Fifty… WTH!!

8 Likes
10 Likes