Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Such a great spirit with a love for life. Not many people get to do something they love for so many decades.

If you haven’t seen it be sure to check out the riff he did on Michael Keaton’s Birdman movie a few years back.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Aw… I’ll have Roxette stuck in my head all day in memorial of her passing.

7 Likes

Aw… Didn’t he just retire? (EDIT: No, 'twas a bit over a year ago)

4 Likes

Paul Volker’s parting shot to Trump and the like-minded: “Today we see something very different and far more sinister. Nihilistic forces are dismantling policies to protect our air, water, and climate. And they seek to discredit the pillars of our democracy: voting rights and fair elections, the rule of law, the free press, the separation of powers, the belief in science, and the concept of truth itself.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/before-his-death-legendary-fed-chief-paul-volcker-issued-one-last-warning-to-the-us/ar-AAK269Y?ocid=spartanntp

10 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

What to listen to now.

3 Likes
10 Likes

How can you not post a link to the song…

and from his work with Jean-Jacques Perrey.

12 Likes

Because I knew you would! :sunglasses:

The Perrey/Kinglsey effort sounds perfect as interstitial music for 60s American/Italian screwball comedy film. (Some of the bits sound like an AceTone organ.)

6 Likes

So I am watching Blazing Saddles (1974), and I was wondering if Alex Karras was still alive. Ends up virtually everyone who starred in the movie, aside from Mel Brooks, has died.

6 Likes

Welp, that’s depressing as hell…

cerseimorewine

10 Likes

Touch wood.

8 Likes

I’m pissed off with the BBC for leaving Ivor Broadis off the Sports Personality of the Year memorial section.

5 Likes

He played the cranky emce at the fictional Gaslight Club.

8 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Not a fan of the Romance genre, but…

4 Likes