Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

7 Likes

Me have the sads.

Rest in Peace Lil Bub

10 Likes

Aww man. Between Grumpy Cat and now Lil Bub it’s not been a banner year for celebrity cats.

(And I realize both Bub and Tardar Sauce were special needs cats, but it doesn’t make their sudden passing any less shitty.)

8 Likes
11 Likes

Aw… that’s sad news. In the Star Trek: DS9 episode, Far Beyond the Stars, the character of KC Hunter (the writer who was Kira in Sisko’s vision) was based on Fontana and her real experiences as a science fiction writer (as well as Catherine Moore, according to memory alpha):

10 Likes
6 Likes

Aw, man. :pensive:

That’s a good book.

3 Likes

He also presented a wonderful series (and book) called the “The Body in Question”, which brought together his medical experience with his production skills. I must have been about 13, but I have a strong memory of him demonstrating that breathing responds to elevated CO2 levels, rather than falling O2 levels, by rebreathing air circulated through a CO2 scrubber. He collapsed on set and the crew clearly weren’t expecting it.

3 Likes

Happened in January but I didn’t know about this until now. She’s widely known as the dean’s wife in Animal House but I liked her work her work in Medium Cool, After Hours and Last Temptation of Christ.

7 Likes

I remember my parents and I watching the episode featuring Robert Jr., and my dad sadly saying that Junior looked exactly like his father (who had taken his own life at a young age).

6 Likes

He did look incredibly like him. Whenever I watch that Star Trek episode, I always think of Strangers on a Train. They both could play crazy really well.

4 Likes

A UCLA alumnus at work got me in to see an on-campus showing of that; my first time watching it. A near perfect film with great acting.

3 Likes

Aw, man.

They tackled some big stuff on that show.

Bob (standing) : You’re right Big Bird. It’s… it’ll never be the same around here without him. But you know something? We can all be very happy that we had a chance to be with him, and to know him, and to love him a lot when he was here.

Geez. I’m crying at work. Peace everyone.

15 Likes

Aw man. I thought Big Bird crying at Jim Henson’s funeral was bad… :worried:

11 Likes

Not my genre, but this was the first thing my daughter told me when I met her at 11:00am to run errands:

9 Likes

Noooo!

Big Bird! :cry:

14 Likes

Aww man. Dystonia, according to google, is a movement disorder often resulting in crippling, involuntary muscle spasms. That must have been especially tough for a puppeteer to live with.

8 Likes

In his memory.

3 Likes

Between him and Cameron Boyce, it seems like it’s been an especially bad year for seizure deaths of young celebrities.

6 Likes

Goodbye, Constable.

12 Likes