Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

8 Likes

I’ll start:

There once was a super-smart boffin
Who applied his smarts very often…
(Fill in the blank plz)
…in a coffin.

5 Likes

didn’t notice @mr_raccoon got it before me.

My partner is watching Arrested Development for the first time, and just got to Lipton’s first episode last night. I thought it was great how he meta’d himself on that show.

4 Likes

There once was a super-smart boffin
Who applied his smarts very often…
'Til his new nuclear missile
Was not dud, but fissile
Now he dwells on his goof in a coffin

(Attempt #1)

10 Likes

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

4 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

ah man…

6 Likes

He invented a sphere
too big to fit here
but still ended up in a coffin.

13 Likes

W                    T                    F

(For the record, “how did brachiosaurs walk”. I know some people speculate that they could only move one leg at a time.)

6 Likes
8 Likes

So much private rubbernecking.

4 Likes

RIP hockey great Henri Richard.

5 Likes

(For you keyboard freaks… like me: Tyner’s influence on Keith Emerson)

From Keyboard Magazine:

Chording
With a wellspring of harmonic choices at his fingertips, Emerson covers it all, from Jazz chording and rock riffing to virtuosic classical counterpoint. Ex. 2 approximates what Emerson plays on the intro to the ELP song “Tarkus.” Note that the example is in 10/8 time, with the left hand playing an ostinato pattern—an Emerson staple. The right hand implies an almost jazzy F minor 11th sound, voiced in fourths à la McCoy Tyner. This is also a good example of Emerson’s agility and hand independence.

9 Likes

Just saw on the news that the woman who inspired the iconic Rosie the Riveter poster just passed away aged 95 years.

11 Likes

Follow-up:

9 Likes

Sure is, but to be fair, some of those deaths were really weird. People read about these deaths and think “hey, maybe I’ll die on the toilet too!”

5 Likes

When you gotta go…

9 Likes
15 Likes