Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

“Falling Down” remains an extremely topical film, and an excellent reminder that the white male sense of loss and grievance had been around and exploited since the time of Reagan.

7 Likes

You can find cinematic examples of white male loss, grievance and entitlement going back a heck of a lot earlier than Reagan.

birth-of-a-nation

10 Likes
4 Likes

From Something Positive today.

13 Likes

tenor (11)

11 Likes
6 Likes

Robert Northern’s in this! Until today, I didn’t even know this footage existed.

8 Likes

Yeah, that movie isn’t about white male grievance, it is white male grievance. Besides, it’s more a celebration of the end of white male grievance, at least for the ensuing 40 years.

5 Likes
10 Likes
17 Likes

Oh, no! I’m truly saddened to hear this! I thought he’d be with us forever, or at least into the triple digits.

10 Likes

Thanks to the tremendous amount of excellent work he has done for so many decades, he WILL be with us forever!

14 Likes

True. He thoroughly cracked me up in Dick Van Dyke reruns.

Bon voyage, Mr. Reiner.

7 Likes

In his later years, Reiner was an elder statesman of comedy, revered and respected for his versatility as a performer and multi-hyphenate. He was also adept at social media. He maintained a lively presence on Twitter up until the last day of his life.

Heh: “To the last I tweet at thee!” indeed.

14 Likes
12 Likes

Not a huge coincidence – somewhere in the world, it might be on at any given time – but Oceans 13 happened to be on when I was flipping channels last night.

2 Likes

Hugh Downs, omnipresent television broadcaster, dies at 99

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainmentnews/hugh-downs-omnipresent-television-broadcaster-dies-at-99/ar-BB16gy1n?ocid=msedgdhp

11 Likes

14 Likes

He looks great for 30. Hell I didn’t look that good at 30.

15 Likes

Maybe Rubble was neutered, I hear that can make a difference.

6 Likes