Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Physically or emotionally?

5 Likes

Exactly.

9 Likes

Just minutes ago, I was searching for a CD version of an LP by the brilliant pipe organist Jane Parker-Smith, noted since her teens for her mastery of the organ, piano, and harpsichordā€¦ and I came across this:

11 Likes

There is an excellent documentary on the Doctor Who Pertwee era story The Mutants about race and depictions of race on British TV - itā€™s worth getting of copy of the Mutants to see it (I donā€™t know if the newer blu-rays have that doc on it, but the older DVDs we have do). It talks about Cameronā€™s appearance on Doctor Who and how poorly Hartnell treated him on set. He was on the Tenth Planet and was the first Black man to play an astronaut, I believeā€¦

14 Likes

Addlā€™ to above; I recall him from earlier films.
:

11 Likes

Jinx!

7 Likes

Death+Organ is my new band name. Witch House again?

8 Likes

Actually, I searched for ā€œJane Parker-Smithā€ ā€œpipe organā€ Liszt.

I have her 40-year old LP covering Franz Lisztā€™s massive organ fantasy and fugue ā€œAd nos, ad salutarem undamā€. My ā€˜click pop suppressorā€™ unit gave up the ghost long ago, so I figure a CD would address all.

4 Likes

Whoa, 31 years old! :astonished:

[Looks nervously over shoulder at 20-year-old kitty, then adds a lot more cat food to a 10 year financial projection spreadsheet.] :nerd_face:

13 Likes

Donā€™t forget exercise for the kitty!

8 Likes

It it was a witch house band it would need to be more like:

Dāˆ‘įƒTH+ƘŠÆGįƒŠ˜

10 Likes

Oh, sheā€™s giving me quite the workout - even though sheā€™s nearly 100 in cat years! After sitting passively through the first round of fireworks, I figured they werenā€™t bothering her. This is my first 4th of July in a new place, so I had no idea we could see anything from here. A few minutes ago, we saw a few that went high enough in the sky to clear the tree line surrounding the building. She jumped up, turned around, and tried to take a running jump off a table next to her perch.

She normally uses little steps that I set up for her to walk up and down, because her gait can be a bit stiff. Luckily, I just managed to catch her before she hit the floor. No more ā€œsky fireā€ for us. :fireworks::scream_cat: :open_mouth:

9 Likes
11 Likes

At first it seemed like heā€™d make it, but the follow-ups in the past few days made it clear it was getting dire.

Thatā€™s someone young and fit who would have had the best medical care possible. No one is immune from this.

17 Likes

The article reported that he had to have a leg amputated during his stay. Circulation problem? Perhaps he had some serious pre-existing condition that compromised any recovery? I have no idea. Broadway show fans in NYC follow show performers like fans of certain sports figures; this one must have hit hard.

7 Likes

ETA: Hereā€™s a young Morricone, playing the sax behind Mina:

13 Likes

He had the complication where C19 causes blood clots, leading to stokes and blocked circulation. I havenā€™t seen any pre-existing condition mentioned.

9 Likes
13 Likes

I wasā€¦ not a fan, but he lived (and had a park named after him) in the town where my dad grew up.

This is purely anecdotal but when a relative or family friend is sick or injured, my momā€™s response is ā€œthey didnā€™t go to Summit, did they!? Oh thank heavensā€¦ā€

Unfortunately Vanderbiltā€™s filled with COVID-19 patients, as of May or Juneā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve personally always thought it rather unwise of him to call the Devil a ā€œson of a bitchā€ after he wins. I mean, why provoke the Devil?

6 Likes