Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

More about her from Michigan Engineering:

15 Likes
9 Likes

I knew her. She was an amazing woman.

14 Likes

I didn’t have the good fortune to know her personally, but I knew of her and her work, and I fully agree.

9 Likes

We worked on some community advocacy projects together.

11 Likes
6 Likes

As a computer science trans girl, I’m surprised I didn’t really know about her. Definitely one to add to my list of role models. Thanks for everything you’ve done, Lynn.

14 Likes

Too Much Pressure (B-Side Version) | The Selecter - Topic

11 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes

“I must tell you one more thing. I was Gay all my life: thru grade school, thru High School, thru College, thru Life,” Edward Thomas Ryan said in the obit, published Saturday in the Albany Times Union. “I was in a loving and caring relationship with Paul Cavagnaro of North Greenbush. He was the love of my life. We had 25 great years together. Paul died in 1994 from a medical Procedure gone wrong. I’ll be buried next to Paul. I’m sorry for not having the courage to come out as Gay. I was afraid of being ostracized: by Family, Friends, and Co-Workers. Seeing how people like me were treated, I just could not do it. Now that my secret is known, I’ll forever Rest in Peace.”

21 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

I don’t know if anyone here follows YouTube comic book related content creators, but pretty much the biggest such YouTuber was killed in a car accident. I didn’t listen to all of his videos, but if you wanted a read through summary of some well known comic book story arc, he was a great resource.

5 Likes

Skowa, AKA Marco Antônio Gonçalves dos Santos , Brazilian musician.

9 Likes

This is probably the most fitting tribute, with Euro '24 going on for the next few weeks.

7 Likes

Anytime I heard Sunchyme on the radio I couldn’t help but sing “Life in a Northern Town” over it

8 Likes
9 Likes