Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

18 Likes

I wish there were more emphasis on her Faerie Tale Theatre series which she created, help produce, hosted, and often starred in. At the time original programming on cable was a pretty new thing and wouldn’t have reached as wide an audience as network shows. Yet she was able to get movie stars to be in it.

This is not to downplay how horribly she was treated, especially on film sets, which she didn’t deserve, but she also showed a lot of strength in taking control of her career. She didn’t “disappear” after Popeye as I’ve heard some people say. She decided to forge a different path for herself.

13 Likes

Wtf?

Stanely Kubrick had this to say.

Shelley Duvall, legendary character actor, and The Shining’s extraordinary Wendy Torrance has died at the age of 75. Shelley’s career was varied and long.

Despite being dogged with exaggerations of her treatment on set, Shelley was always vocal about her experience filming The Shining saying she “wouldn’t trade it for anything” because “working with loveable Stanley was a fascinating learning experience.”

Our thoughts are with Shelley’s friends and family.

07.07.1949 - 11.07.2024

8 Likes

Quite the neat trick, given that Stanley Kubrick died 25 years ago.

13 Likes

Even if it was his estate, that’s such BS ret-conning - it’s well known how badly Kubrick treated Ms. Winters.

13 Likes

Interesting, I wonder who’s running this?

It showed up when I searched for news stories about Shelley.

8 Likes

According to some reports it is the estate of Kubrick

It seems a lot of the usual Xitter-scraping, clickbait media have decided to include the text of the post.
Which is insensitive at the least.

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes
6 Likes

Joe Bonsall, a long time tenor in the Oak Ridge Boys, 1973 - 2024.

4 Likes

I went looking for Please Come To Boston and came across this on that I haven’t heard in ages.

6 Likes

Let’s not forget Shelley Duvall’s time playing for the cubs.

8 Likes

Was i so tired last night that i imagined an entire article on here about Shelley Duvall’s passing or did it get nuked because it was kind of disrespectful?

5 Likes

The second. Posted by Ellsworth Toohey.

11 Likes
24 Likes
21 Likes

Figures, with the other news today Richard Simmons will never get the coverage he should.

7 Likes
25 Likes

Fuck cancer.

22 Likes

She was pretty great in Mallrats!

17 Likes