Originally published at: Matthew Perry dead at 54 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

16 Likes

Season 4 Omg GIF by Friends

14 Likes

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

12 Likes

Damn, damn damn. Most knew him from Friends, of course, but I’ve only seen little clips from that. I know him from Fallout: New Vegas. “Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.” He was a great bad guy.

13 Likes

Pickleball my friends.

Not as safe as they say it is.

8 Likes

One of a kind, that Chanandaler Bong. The way he delivered his lines was so uniquely comfortable and he totally owned the funny guy role in the show in a way that no one else could have done. Even in his darkest days he still seemed to give 100%. It seemed like he’d found some peace over the past several years… I hope he had. The world is a little darker for his absence.

21 Likes

Well, Keanu Reeves still walks among us.

10 Likes

… his wonders to perform.

5 Likes

Because of course they are.

11 Likes

Always startling to see a talented contemporary die so young. I’m not sure what happened here, but I hope (as it seemed) that his last years were ones of balance and peace. I hope that his memoir of addiction will serve as a legacy equal to his acting roles.

Everyone remembers him from Friends, of course, but here he is years earlier

He carved out a niche for himself from a young age playing that privileged, handsome WASP in a variety of situations and circumstances, comic and dramatic. Studios have a tendency to typecast actors but Perry had the talent and versatility to use it to propel him to stardom.

11 Likes

Upon seeing this headline, my brain jumped to Bojack Horseman.

4 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Or, and hear me out, a 54yo man exerts himself, soaks in a Jacuzzi, has a heart attack and drowns. As a 55yo this hits home far more than the fact that I’m vaccinated.

21 Likes

Based on that RS article of what Perry has admitted to, it’s a miracle he made it to 54. It’s sad he died too young but he’ll live forever as Chandler Bing. 30 years from now Friends will still be streaming somewhere.

6 Likes

RIP, Benny

8 Likes

I had zero clues those two were connected

2 Likes

I spotted it on his Wiki page and took a screen shot:

I refreshed the page and it was gone. Wiki then locked down his page.

12 Likes

I don’t really understand what all the fuss is about. He seemed like a pretty nondescript actor to me, who delivered lots of problematic material in the role for which he was most known. Which was from 20 to 30 years ago.

And when he released a memoir last year (?), didn’t he slag off Keanu or someone completely undeserving of such treatment, and then tried to hand-wave it away as a joke?

5 Likes

Yeah my dad died at 69 (can’t say he didn’t have style) and I was surprised just how much it irritates me that some extended family tried to link it to vaccines.
Nah… the vax didn’t kill him. 50+ years of heavy smoking and drinking shortened his life considerably and lowered his quality of life earlier than most… but for some reason people want to ignore the obvious.

These conspiracy theorists suck. Just trying to shoehorn their agenda into everyone else’s grief or attempts at self-care.

17 Likes