Matthew Perry vows to erase Keanu Reeves insults from new edition of his memoir

Originally published at: Matthew Perry vows to erase Keanu Reeves insults from new edition of his memoir | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Future editions? That’s optimistic.

19 Likes

Could it have been a cheaper, more empty shot?

9 Likes

I feel that if one IS going to take a cheap shot at a big name star, Keanu Reeves is probably a good choice. He seems like a philosophical dude who will probably accept an apology and leave it at that.

21 Likes

I don’t claim to know Keanu, and people’s personal lives often fail to live up to their public persona, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say anything even slightly negative about him (MP excepted).

11 Likes

One of those people is universally loved and highly respected and the other is Matt.

7 Likes

I mean now no, but in the mid 90s he was a pretty regular go-to name for a lazy, late night “bad actor” joke. That kinda lines up with Perry going off the deep end. falling into the hole of addiction, and even the isolation that comes with recovery can arrest the devlopment of your pop culture references. I honestly think he probably missed Reaves’ second act.

9 Likes

I used to wonder why Keanu got cast in things; but I soon decided that it was probably because he was easy to work with; turned up on time, knew his lines, enthusiastic about his role, charismatic, and got along with the cast and crew. Kind of like the Dave Grohl of acting.

18 Likes

“If I run into the guy, I’ll apologize. It was just stupid,” Perry said.

also FTFA

“I pulled his name because I live on the same street,” Perry said

That’s weak as hell… If you really feel the way you claim you’ll find the time to walk down the street and apologize in person!

9 Likes

I guess I can see someone tripping up on things like that.

“Actually he’s now considered one of the most beloved and wholesome actors of all time.”
“What? Man, no wonder people were upset. I’m trying to sound hip and instead I’m basically going after Bill Cosby.”
“…Why don’t you sit down for a bit.”

10 Likes

9 Likes

Matthew who? :coffee:

5 Likes

2nd act? He killed it in his 1st!

6 Likes

Apparently, Matthew Whom used to appear in a whitewashed version of “Living Single”.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.