Nothing on stage at E3 is more fun than Keanu Reeves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/10/nothing-on-stage-at-e3-is-more.html

5 Likes

I just found out that I had no idea what Reeves’ everyday speaking voice sounded like.

3 Likes

It’s going to be funny when we all realize that Keanu is the next incarnation of the messiah (of course they would be mixed-race Buddhist!), and then the matrix movies (and Bill and Ted of course) become gospels.

9 Likes

I mean, the dude’s immortal…

AND, from all accounts, a really nice guy.

Finally, a religion I can get behind!

23 Likes

That was interesting.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/10/keanu-reeves-present-the-trail.html

4 Likes

Amen brother/sister/sibling of undefined gender.
I really like Keanu Reeves, he may not be the best actor, but he is a genuinely nice, likeable lad.

4 Likes

*congregation as one voice
"Woh…"

13 Likes

I mean, when faced with the omnipresent, omniscient power of the god-universe, is there any more appropriate thing to feel/express?

3 Likes

No Johnny Mnemonic reference? I’m disappointed.

1 Like

Nobody remembered. Irony, eh?

9 Likes

“Immortal” in these here Matrices means naught when the experience of time is controlled by the machine world. Just sayin’.

1 Like

If only he sneaked this gem in there.

4 Likes

Some of us already live by this creed.

1 Like

we Canadians are very proud of him :blush:

1 Like

I have a silly pop culture question.
Keanu Reeves has been in a ton of films, many very mediocre, some much loved (Bill & Ted), some still amazing (the first Matrix), but I kinda missed his transition from mediocre-actor-who-said-whoa to beloved and revered icon. Was it the John Wick series? Are they as surprisingly worthwhile as I hear they are?

It is known.
June 4th, 2010.

Just check for “wholesome keanu”, and you’ll find he seems to be handling stardom and memedom well.

3 Likes

If you want to see a man brutally kill hundreds of people because some bastard killed a puppy they are excellent.

4 Likes

He did a pile of indy-ish movies between Bill and Ted and The Matrix. Then he did a pair of pretty excellent kung-fu movies (Man of Tai Chi and 47 Ronin) before he did John Wick. But, yeah, probably mostly John Wick.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.