Keanu Reeves laughs his ass off at NFTs

Originally published at: Keanu Reeves laughs his ass off at NFTs | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Things that cannot be copied? Bogus, dude!

40 Likes

Can’t wait for the final fight scene in The Matrix: Resurrections when Neo has a flying Kung-Fu battle against a rogue blockchain.

33 Likes

They’re called none-chucks, dude. There is no chain.

43 Likes

You tell 'em, Keanu! :heart_eyes:

27 Likes

“But they’re not the same…”

Yes, when it comes to re-producing the actual digital object (as opposed to the NFT “certificate of authenticity”) yes they are. “Heeee-heeee…” is the appropriate response here.

25 Likes

Did Keanu’s 80s brain make him say “Members Only” when he meant OnlyFans? lol

2 Likes

8 Likes

The Matrix wasn’t Keanu Reeves’s first voyage into cyberspace.

20 Likes

It’s called cyberspace, and get off my virtual lawn!

15 Likes
4 Likes

I know, let’s take a post-scarcity medium and add the supposed-but-not-really scarcity back in to generate the perception of exclusive value (to bro dudes vulnerable to the technological equivalent of a multilevel marketing scheme) with the digital equivalent of beanie babies! People will totally believe it because we tell them to!

18 Likes

I re-watched that a couple of weeks ago… still a hilariously bad movie… I mean… (starts about a minute and a half in):

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Spotify

17 Likes

Huh, this rather neatly gets to the heart of the matter, wrt blockchain:

22 Likes

doctor who GIF

Explains why libertarians love it so much…

15 Likes

It’s simultaneously the appeal (for them) and the problem (for, well, everyone).

10 Likes

He is an NFT: a National Fucking Treasure.

17 Likes

Yes indeed. The fact he has a knowledge of the history of cyberpunk shouldn’t be a surprise but i appreciated him delivering this with a side order of snark.

10 Likes

Cyborg dolphin.

Cyborg.
Fucking.
Dolphin.

eGfDHm7

21 Likes

I’m kind of realizing that Keanu Reeves has a lot in common with Dolly Parton. Early in their careers, a lot of people kind of made fun of them, felt they were a novelty, and often laughed at them, not with them. And as time goes on, it’s becoming increasingly clear that both are immensely smart and talented, able to laugh at themselves, and are, at their core, just really decent people.

44 Likes