WATCH: 'Bill & Ted Face the Music' first official trailer starring Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/09/watch-bill-ted-face-the-m.html

7 Likes

Oh please, please, please new “Bill & Ted” movie, don’t suck.

30 Likes

Well, at least they didn’t use up all the funny or interesting stuff in the trailer?

26 Likes

Naving never watched either of the Bill & Ted films, I think I will either pass on this one of watch the old ones ASAP.

Maybe even in German. I am told the German translation is even more fun than the original. And I have know some of the phrases used (in the translation) since the frst film came out in German, without ever watching it. Some of my friends are devoted fans.

7 Likes

I recommend the first one for sure!

6 Likes

We don’t deserve Keanu Reeves.

16 Likes

Didn’t realise until someone posted it in the YouTube comments, but this trailer was released on 6/9.
Juvenile? Yes.
Still gets a laugh out of me though :smiley:

18 Likes

Be excellent to each other.

13 Likes

FFS. I thought I was done with Keanu after Point Break and The Matrix. Now I have to go and watch this.

5 Likes

Yes, Bill & Ted day.

14 Likes

I really hope you are right…

It doesn’t look so great to be honest…

3 Likes

did they purposely make them look old because I know Keanu is ageless

wait, wtf, he is 55 now? 55 ?!?! holy hell

8 Likes

I hope it doesn’t feature Horrifying CGI George Carlin. That resurrected Peter Cushing was slightly more disturbing than if they’d just used his actual corpse as a puppet on a stick.

For whatever reason, I found the line where Rufus mentions that the bad guy was his old gym teacher to be the funniest bit of those movies.

6 Likes

It would be all kinds of wrong to manufacture a Carlin performance. It’s a shame it took so long for a sequel, and he can’t be in it, because as you point out, he had some great moments in limited screen time. I guess it’s not a reason to kill the project, but that’s a void that won’t be filled.

3 Likes

THIS! I felt like I was time-traveling watching this trailer. In my head, they’re both still kids.

6 Likes

I think they really needed to get Ringo Starr to play Rufus. He and Carlin were both a Mr Conductor on Shiningtime Station.

11 Likes

They topped “69, dudes!” with Death playing Twister.
Death. Playing. Twister.
Can they top that?
Maybe with the return of “The Frood-Dude”?

3 Likes

My english teacher described the original Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure as, “the story of two young men who travel through time on a mission to butcher the english language” which I thought was a hillarious description. I loved that teacher. He was my favorite professor my first semester of college.

5 Likes

25 years later, it just now occurs to me that the big plot twist COULD be that the “Bill and Ted” who were destined to write the music to unite the world might not be the two losers from the first movies, but the kids they fathered at the end of Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey.

9 Likes

Hopefully…?