WATCH: 'Bill & Ted Face the Music' first official trailer starring Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter

Alex Winter is clearly still Bill, but Keanu Reeves is like someone’s dad doing a Ted impression.

2 Likes

Seriously, the John Wick movies are amazing. In an era where everything seems to be reboots and things based on comic books, creating a new successful franchise based on new IP is no mean feat. That said, I am optimistic for a new Bill & Ted movie, as different as that franchise was from the action stuff Keanu has been in since.

3 Likes

Yeah, I love Keanu, but damn if he didn’t remind me of De Niro in the Irishman w/ the way he moves in this trailer.

3 Likes

Thanks to pandemic boredom I introduced myself to the John Wick franchise a few weeks ago, and can attest, it’s ridiculously entertaining.

7 Likes

Highly recommended. They are really dumb and some of the jokes haven’t aged all that well (they are very much a product of their time), but they have heart and don’t take themselves too seriously.

On a related note, I was watching the (“excellent!”) Panama Papers documentary a few days ago – written, produced, and directed by Alex Winter. I was like, surely not that Alex Winter, and yup, it was.

13 Likes

Was this supposed to be a comedy? Because watching that trailer left me desperately sad.

I’m sorry, Keanu can NOT be 10 years younger than me, Can he? Whoa!

1 Like

I want to to believe that the narration went like “Weird things are afoot in the Magic Offshore Circle (K). Mossack Fonseca is most heinously bogus!”, but I imagine it didn’t.

3 Likes

May this movie be more Whooooaaaa and less Woe…

3 Likes

I only saw like half of the first one on a plane, and it was fine, but that kind of action movie isn’t really my bag (I am someone who occasionally has reservations about using power tools because I feel like they might be too violent).

But I was immediately impressed with how progressive it was from a queer standpoint – and I bet a lot of viewers didn’t notice this – because if you compare the inciting incident from the first John Wick movie with almost every other action movie, it is like 100% less reliant on the audience’s sense of women as possessions.

Anyhoo, while modern Keanu Reeves is merely an attractive man I would be honored to bone, that just highlights how god damn hhhngh he was in (for example) that one bit in Point Break. You know the bit I mean.

ETA I couldn’t find a YouTube clip of that exact scene but, this clip made me realise why I found Lori Petty so anomalously hot when I watched Orange is the New Black. This version of Keanu literally makes me slightly tearful with how beautiful he is

1 Like

Badly. Because as we all know, Keanu really can’t act.

1 Like

I kept wondering how much more ridiculous it could get, and then Peter Serafinowicz turned up as the gun sommelier. Not sure how sillier it can get from there, but I will definitely see JW4 to find out.

2 Likes

They’re not making them old enough.

They should be like Krist Novoselic and Morrissey. That should be the whole joke.

2 Likes

The two women at 0:42 are playing their daughters, so, quite probably?

2 Likes

I have a bad feeling about this.

Alex Winter is a very underrated, and multitalented, filmmaker.
Outside of B&T he has had his finger in all kinds of pies, from activist documentary to absurdist farce:

5 Likes

I never knew. I was very impressed with his Panama Papers documentary and I’m definitely interested in seeing more of his work.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.