Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

He’s probably more familiar to British people as the referee on Gladiators.

7 Likes
7 Likes

My sister collected her books when I was a kid… I read a good number of them… they were fine!

And also…

murder of civilians, but also the fall guy… :rage:

12 Likes

William Calley got to live a long life, unlike the helicopter pilot who stopped the massacre. Life is not just.

Hugh Thompson Jr. - Wikipedia.

No onebox?

11 Likes

Thompson was a true hero (and he was from ATL!). Calley, not so much.

8 Likes

One of the great punk bass players | Danny Sapko

6 Likes
6 Likes

I have some Randall tapes somewhere that I never got around to converting to FLAC.

7 Likes
13 Likes

A largely unsung hero who quietly influenced many (here in UK mostly) without us knowing. His designs were just part of our lives.

8 Likes

That totally sucks. I last saw HoJo in 2022 with Midge Ure as opener. Due to logistical problems, Dan did double duty as keyboardist for both.

Here’s a really bad pic from that show:

9 Likes

An obituary written by Fiona MacCarthy who died 4 years before it was used. I hadn’t thought about obituarists dying before their subjects before now, I wonder how often that happens?

6 Likes

I didn’t even know she had died. I regularly recommend a couple of her books to people.

4 Likes
13 Likes

(Died in '87 - from the onebox I’d assumed it was recent)

3 Likes

Most people who have heard of James Baldwin and have read his stuff know that he’s dead. And this thread is called Dead Celebrity, so…

Allow David Cross GIF

12 Likes

Oh, no objection here. Another chance to introduce people to him, and all…

4 Likes

Just don’t tell anybody Rob Ford died. That’s a touchy subject around here.

Indeed. Everybody should be familiar with him and his work. Reflecting on this for what would have been his 100th birthday is as good a reason as any.

10 Likes

Wait, really? Should we start a thread?

8 Likes

Prime Time Smile GIF by ABC Network

7 Likes