Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

13 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t know why this showed up in my news feed but here it is.

10 Likes

He evidently thought he was a 1st Dynasty Pharaoh. Jerk.

7 Likes

My mother in law died over 30 years ago, her dog was very old and her best buddy, the dog was also my wife’s childhood pet.

She ended up with cancer and Scleroderma, it wasn’t pleasant.

She asked us to do the same thing, she wanted her dog to go with her. We told her we would take care of it.

Of course we couldn’t follow through but her beloved dog died within a few weeks.

We belive the dog really missed her best buddy. It was so sad.

16 Likes

Awwwww :sob: That’s so sweet and so sad.

Delon’s ‘request’ came across as an arrogant demand.

5 Likes
10 Likes

I was afraid this news was coming. Very sad.

But, heaven is now getting a new pearly gate with beautiful new shrubs, pavers, and a new lawn.

9 Likes

RIP Roger Cook from This Old House… :sob:

5 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

This is getting buried by the Sven news

6 Likes
7 Likes

RIP!

Sid Vicious’ joining the Four Horsemen…

4 Likes
14 Likes

RIP!

9 Likes

This one hurts. His book, Neurotribes, really opened my eyes. It was written for the general public to understand the history, and possible future when this movement can go. Also, he was a wonderful follow on BlueSky. Even the Grateful Dead twitter accoutn noted Steve’s passing away, as he was a well-known Deadhead. (He got David Crosby, and many Deadheads, to get online and join an early internet community, The Well, in the early 90s.)
He was actually covered here on BB ten years ago: Autism and the Neurodiversity Acceptance Movement: writer Steve Silberman, profiled - Boing Boing
I hope that we can somehow get the attention of the publisher so that Steve can get a mention on the main blog? @jlw or @frauenfelder maybe?

8 Likes
7 Likes

Ugh that sucks.

I remember the first match I saw of his on WCW TV where he was in the aptly named Skyscrapers tag team with pre-Undertaker Mark Calloway. Those two tall men with their amazing dexterity blew me away. I didn’t care at all that they were supposed to be heels. Go ahead, beat the snot out of those Rock n’ Roll Express weenies said teenage me.

From various accounts that I have read over the years, he was a really good dude outside of the ring.

RIP

2 Likes
10 Likes