Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

1 Like

Every year when celebs pass away in late December, I wonder why they don’t wait until the end of the month to release tributes like this.

3 Likes

The accountant’s dilemma.

4 Likes
2 Likes

:astonished:

This is sad on so many levels. :cry:

4 Likes

Sad, but not ‘too soon’, and what a life:

9 Likes

I hope they use this for his memorial.

From Men IN BLACK

9 Likes

Aw, damn. The Arquillians are not gonna like this. This guy was one of the royal family.

5 Likes

RIP, Capt. Yates…

:sob:

4 Likes

(excerpts) Tim Wakefield was a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox whose unorthodox knuckleball made him an integral part of the squad that broke the team’s 86-year World Series “curse of the Bambino.” “Off the field, Wakefield was heavily involved in philanthropy, earning eight Roberto Clemente Award nominations. He worked with the Franciscan Hospital for Children in Boston, New England’s Pitching in for Kids organization, the Space Coast Early Intervention Center, the Touch ‘Em All Foundation founded by Garth Brooks, and many others.”

1 Like

‘Parasite’ actor Lee found dead amid drug accusations

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/parasite-actor-lee-found-dead-amid-drug-allegations-yonhap-2023-12-27/

Lee Sun-kyun, an actor in South Korea’s Oscar-winning film “Parasite”, was found dead on Wednesday by authorities following up a report that he had gone missing, a fire official in the capital said.

Lee, 48, who played the head of a wealthy household in the film, had faced investigation over accusations of illegal drug use amid a government crackdown in which police questioned him three times, with one session running 19 hours over the weekend.

The actor had said he was tricked into taking drugs by a bar hostess trying to blackmail him, the Yonhap news agency reported.

Sad! I especially thought he was great in the wonderful K-drama “My Mister.” :cry:

1 Like

This one :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: from CNN.

(excerpt) Comedian Tom Smothers, who with his brother performed as the singing comedy duo the Smothers Brothers, has died, according to a family statement shared by the National Comedy Center. He was 86. CBS famously yanked the [pioneering] show from the air after they ran afoul of both the network and censors for their outspoken politics, defense of civil rights and their opposition to the Vietnam War.

7 Likes

Sad news. :cry: Here’s an interview The Smothers Brothers did on CBS last year:

8 Likes
5 Likes

Mom always did like Dicky best.

3 Likes

(excerpt) Norma Barzman, a prominent screenwriter who was blacklisted due to her involvement with the American Communist Party, died Sunday at her Beverly Hills home, according to a social media post from her daughter Suzo Barzman. She was 103. Barzman wrote the original story for Never Say Goodbye (1947) starring Errol Flynn with husband Ben Barzman. She was an uncredited writer on The Locket (1946) starring Laraine Day and Robert Mitchum. She wrote Finishing School (1952) and on the TV series Il triangolo rosso (1967). She also appeared as an actress in Theatre 70 (1970) and Pajama Party (2000) as the “Groovy Grandma.”

6 Likes
1 Like

He’s gone? Thoughts and prayers to the gun guy.

4 Likes

I happen to be in Vienna, where he lived, and it’s the talk of the town

2 Likes