Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

11 Likes

Aw… that’s sad news. 57 is way too young…

And as always…

queen-elizabeth-fuck-cancer

13 Likes
21 Likes

This year sucks, and blows.

17 Likes

What! No!

9 Likes

God damnit, this sucks. Brain aneurysms are such evil fucking things. I had a friend die suddenly at only 23 from one.

12 Likes

My friend must have been about 30.

They say a neurologist can potentially figure out if you are high risk, but that you probably wouldn’t want to know.

9 Likes

It’s one of those things that it might be nice to know, but on the other hand, what can you really do with that information? I’m not really sure which side I’m on here.

8 Likes

Honestly, it’s probably half the reason I eat lots of fiber.

9 Likes

And not in the good way, either.

13 Likes

I think for me, it would depend what I do for a living. If I croak suddenly and unexpectedly at my job, or even while driving, I am risking few (if any) people (unless it’s something contagious like COVID, then it depends how many people I was in contact with, and where) but a bus driver or pilot or other person who is physically responsible for the survival of others? Absolutely should a) know and b) maybe not take that kind of job.

But that’s just me.

8 Likes

Well, it turns out that an MRI with whatever-that-IV-fluid-is, likely won’t detect one. But a CT scan and/or angiogram could. There’s a procedure (similar to(?) or during(?) an angiogram) to close it off with a coil. Aneurysm can be genetic so if a predecessor had it, one should consider looking into it.

Speaking from extremely fortunate experience (not involving the coil)…

6 Likes

Perhaps: I bet most doctors would happily volunteer heart condition metrics, like obesity, with greater accuracy in predicting sudden death.

Planes, at least, have copilots for precisely that reason.

3 Likes

But they also have a very strict medical certification system. Even recurrent kidney stones can ground you.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Well, fuck.

20 Likes

Came here to post this.

Fuck cancer.

That said, surviving pancreatic cancer for this long can be considered an amazing win, and must have been a huge effort. Pancreatic cancer often kills people within two weeks.

You’ve been though, Mr. Lewis. Fare thee well.

15 Likes

Also C.T. Vivian.

13 Likes

Lucio Urtubia, anarchist, bank robber, forger and Nazi hunter.

18.07.2020: Social rebel, counterfeiter, bandit, modern Robin Hood – the list of titles with which our anarchist comrade Lucio Urtubia was honoured is long. His life, which sounds like an adventure novel, is a mirror of the revolutionary movements in Europe in the second half of the 20th century. Lucio Urtuba passed away today. Rest In Power Lucio!

https://anarchistsworldwide.noblogs.org/post/2020/07/19/lucio-urtubia-an-anarchist-life/

Anyone involved in the capture of a Nazi like Klaus Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, is worthy of remembrance.

16 Likes
6 Likes