Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

::sigh:: Cancer, go fuck yourself.

My introduction to Norm was not SNL, it was as the host of Billy Bob’s Picture Show on TBS(? It was soooo long ago). And that is how I will remember him, as the hilarious host of some terribly cheesy horror movies. RIP

9 Likes

Ugh, now knowledge of Norm’s death is amplified by a reminder that Dole will outlast us all. If Dole was really a hero he’d have thrown himself in front of cancer so Norm could get away.

5 Likes

My favorite Norm MacDonald bit, Janice and The Shallow Grave. I heard him a couple years ago on Howard Stern after his Me Too comment. It was a very good interview. He took Howard down a long path to get to a punchline, it was great .

3 Likes

Well, technically he’s thrown himself in front of cancer twice, but I get what you’re saying. :wink:

1 Like

In honor of the late, great Norm Macdonald, I am posting one of his best bits. After first seeing this over 15 years ago, it still makes me laugh today. Norm was a master of comedy, whose deadpan style was so perfectly timed, it didn’t even have to be “edgy” to make an impact. He will be sorely missed.

The clip is a bit long, but totally worth it.

1 Like

RIP. A true master.

2 Likes
9 Likes

I have a Timex Sinclair 1000 right here in my office that I’ve never even powered up. But the one my friend Steve Abrams had was almost certainly the first computer I did anything graphical on, somewhere around ’83 it feels like.

3 Likes

Bob Dole is still alive and Norm Macdonald isn’t?

3 Likes
9 Likes

More about Barbara Moore here

And Jonny Trunk (everyone should subscribe to his weekly newsletter, if only for the odd videos he sometimes turns up) will have a radio show dedicated to her tomorrow on the OST Show on Resonance FM. I assume the link below will somehow lead to it in due course.
https://www.resonancefm.com/programmes/558d773d50000b8db20000b4
And there is a Soundcloud option.

6 Likes

I thought this had already gone by (had a sense of deja vu when I saw it in today’s paper), maybe not…

10 Likes

Should be a celebrity, for everything he did:

16 Likes

Wow! He was such an interesting and wonderful person. The world is a better place because of him.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Six months after his football show co-host

9 Likes

RIP George Mraz, one of my biggest inspirations as a bassist.

EtA:

In a more colloquial honor, jazz lore has it that pianist Jimmy Rowles bestowed Mraz the nickname “Bounce” — not only because of the buoyancy of his beat, but also because he was “a
baaaaad Czech.”

15 Likes
4 Likes

Pretty sure this will mean little to USians, but Boycie is no more.

The bit at 5 mins in is excellent.

8 Likes

“My neck AND my back!”

RIP…

11 Likes