ETA: apparently Iā€™m spending too much time reading obituaries today:

14 Likes

Benoit Sokal, comic book artist and video game designer

8 Likes

BJ Thomas had lots of great songs, but Iā€™m partial to this one:

10 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes

Someone else none of us had heard of (probably) whose work left a lasting impressionā€¦ three of the most famous bridges in the UK and he had a hand in the Channel Tunnel, tooā€¦

7 Likes

Bobby Lee Cook is still kicking it, thoā€¦

Oh, shitā€¦ no heā€™s notā€¦

They donā€™t mention his son who died back in the 90s? My friendā€™s fatherā€¦ I had not heard June passed away, too.

6 Likes

I know I keep posting obits for non-celebrities, but I hope everyone agrees these unsung heroes deserve to be mourned as they pass away.

Helen Murray Freeā€™s work had a huge impact on millions of peopleā€™s livesā€¦

13 Likes

Egyptian LGBT+ activist Sarah Hegazy, jailed for waving rainbow flag, dies at 30

5 Likes

Wow. How could jurors be expected to pay attention to what he was saying while he was wearing that suit? :thinking:

4 Likes

He was apparently pretty enthralling to listen to. They didnā€™t base Matlock on him for nothing.

5 Likes

:cry: Fuck cancer.

7 Likes

In the late 1950s, not long after his daughter, Jennifer, was born, Arthur W. Staats turned what had been a more or less random parental punishment into a staple of behavioral psychology and a household phrase. He called it a ā€œtimeout.ā€

2 Likes
3 Likes

And another unsung medical heroā€¦

2 Likes

I read Lateral Thinking at an impressionable ageā€”when it first came outā€”but nothing else. Is there anything else in his oeuvre that is a must-read?

1 Like

I have no idea, Iā€™m afraid. Sad to say, but Amazon or Wikipedia may be your friend here. Though, hopefully, some BBers may have the insight with which to advise.

2 Likes