Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

That’s as good as it gets for any of us!

10 Likes

See also:

Boo! Hiss!

(No, not really)

16 Likes

She was so good in that role. Louis Fletcher had a gift for playing righteously uptight characters.

11 Likes

That statement at the Oscars, tho.

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

5 Likes

I missed this from a month ago. Sammy Chung was one of the first successful Anglo-Chinese football players

And from yesterday

9 Likes

One of the absolute greats. A giant of music.

It’s possibly not a popular taste but the truth is that I’ve listened to Alice Coltrane more often than John but he was key for both. I had the privilege of going to see him about three years ago and he couldn’t walk much but man could he still play the horn!

ETA
He released a record only last year that the hipsters loved:

But I’m listening to Astral Travelling from Thembi right now. It’s outrageously beautiful.

12 Likes
5 Likes

I think that may have been the case for me, for a good while anyway. (John might’ve caught up since.)

Getting more off-topic but IIRC, Doja Cat (our younger one is a fan) was a student of Alice’s.

4 Likes

And also her Oscar speech, in which she signed part of it to her deaf parents.

11 Likes

Oh jeez, that was some stiff competition she had that year.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I’ll remember him as a person who cared about the environment and his constituents. May he rest in peace.

7 Likes

Another important ‘backroom boy’. If non-Brits have not seen Only Connect, let me just say I cannot conceive of a truly Happy Mutant who would not take to it. If this were Chris Stuart’s only achievement he would still be a hero. It isn’t, of course.

5 Likes
14 Likes

90s GIF

Aw… Sad news!

9 Likes

I just watched him last week!

7 Likes

Oh, man. He was way too young. :cry:

8 Likes

This is local to Michigan but I know there are a few of us in this forum.

I remember Carl from Detroit’s AOR heyday when we were a number one market with rock and roll stations up and down the dial on my Pioneer Super Tuner with a huge literal anolog dial.

3 Likes
13 Likes

Brown also appeared as Lazarus in the Star Trek OS, episode The Alternative Factor.

8 Likes