Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

6 Likes
16 Likes
7 Likes

RIP Opportunity.

But new opportunities open…

9 Likes

Everyone has seen him, if not as playing Hitler in the film Downfall, then in the innumerable parody versions on YouTube.

11 Likes

RIP Ken Nordine… a happy mutant and hoopy frood.

9 Likes

May I also recommend The American Friend, with Dennis Hopper as an earlier film incarnation of Mr. Ripley? (I think the only other films with Ganz that I saw were Wings of Desire and the remake of Nosferatu – never saw the entire Hitler film)

6 Likes

Ah balls.

His show came on KUT-FM (Austin) at something like 5am on Saturdays, so I very rarely heard it. The one that sticks in my mind was about Jackson Pollock, or “Action Jackson.”

Also: “no more than two consecutive replies are allowed,” so speaking of different subjects:

9 Likes

Wild, I assumed I’d seen him in many more things than I did.

Apparently one thing I did see him in was “The Boys from Brazil.”

3 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Awww man…

13 Likes

Balls.

I’ve related my Peter Tork story here

7 Likes
10 Likes

Small world that Peter and The Grateful Dead would ever cross paths:

"LEO: The Grateful Dead did not seem amused when you interrupted their set at the Monterrey Pop Festival. What was that all about?

PT: I was asked by the promoters to go out in between numbers and announce that the Beatles were not there, and for people to stop climbing the walls in an attempt to get in to see them. And Phil Lesh started giving me a ration saying, ‘Let ’em all in’ — or whatever, as if he would play without getting paid." leoweekly

“The Beatles Aren’t here.”

4 Likes

One of my fave Peter vocals:

4 Likes

Remembering Steve Irwin

4 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

RIP Stanley Donen…

And a link to Charade which didn’t renew copyright for some reason and is public domain.

6 Likes