DEAL: Braided 10-Foot MFi-Certified Lightning Cable

[Read the post]

Contains a unique Apple-verified serial number & authorization chip

If I didn’t know any better, I’d think Boing Boing was embracing sales of a product that’s the physical embodiment of DRM.

Et tu, Cory?

16 Likes

Oh boy. I want my Apple devices to be SUPERCHARGED too! Does this cable align all the electrons so the battery can pack more in? I BET IT DOES! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

9 Likes

Ten feet? This conjures up images of 1950s movies, with a character pacing around his/her fancy apartment, rotary-dial phone in hand, trailing about twenty feet of cord connected to the wall jack. Do people actually work like that, as opposed to just connecting an auxiliary battery (also available at the BB store)?

I like the concept of supercharging my phone, but I question how much airflow one can get through that tiny hose.

3 Likes

Sure it can supercharge my devices, but can it double as a cordelette?

1 Like

The whole rayon-braided look conjures up images of the 1950s.

The old braided cables always got grubby very quickly- don’t know if that’s the case for these newer ones too.

1 Like

How well do they preserve the warmth of the sound particles? Also, are these compatable with purified, depolarized electrons?

7 Likes

THIS.
How does it happen that some people can eschew DRM for software and media but gloss over when it comes to The Fruit? The apples must be laced with something…

1 Like

I’ve used a lot of “non certified” lightening cables, and the crappiness thereof makes me think and hope that this certification is something other than simply a DRM thing. It really is shocking how badly the cheap lightening cables work, I’d go so far as to call them useless. And its usually a slow death, at first only working in one orientation, then only working with some jiggling, then not working at all.

So maybe these are “certified” in the sense that Apple has given them a stamp of approval? And by certifying the chip Apple devices can avoid displaying a warning when the cable is connected to the device?

That’s the optimist in me speaking, of course.

I so far work with just the microUSB, and often making my own cables (especially for charging). The off-the-shelf stuff is often crappy, even the branded types.

The connectors themselves are usually okayish. It’s the cables and the strain reliefs that suck the most.

Not only that, but how did this get through the camelcaps filter? It should be “Mfi-certified”! Disappointed, DoctorOw.

1 Like

No, no! Look at the bananas!

Look at the many, many bananas!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.