"Dear Abby" to harassed waitress: keep your sense of humor and stand out of reach

The same reason I make many comments: I thought it amusing and tangential.

Oh my. The horror of labor day weekend comes rushing back all at once.

Probably should have quit here.

Was I trying to make a broader point about gendered server-customer interactions? Nope.

I know people enjoy schadenfreude here, so I posted a recent tale of shame.

1 Like

I hadn’t read that before (Cahones!? That made me snort). Amy Schumer has a sketch in a similar vein that is quite funny if you like uncomfortable humor :smile:

2 Likes

Its my go-to for so many things. Seriously, I love it. I’ve reblogged that dozens of times. :slight_smile: Its just so perfect.
“The wings are good!”

6 Likes

(Also, is that a tacit admission that you really were just looking for a chance to step on the soapbox? As you haven’t messaged me for the full story, it seems to be the case.)

I already said I didn’t want PMs…? I don’t really see the point of talking about something publicly but only giving details privately? And I didn’t soapbox you? How is that an insult anyways? Why have you got me talking only in questions?

3 Likes

Would you like to ask some more in the Questions Thread?

4 Likes

I dunno… would I? :wink:

2 Likes

I must have missed where you said you don’t do PM’s. Sorry for that.

It’s obvious why I wouldn’t want to publicly post what already was publicly embarrassing.

Your narrative began with judging me to be a misogynist, and then linking to a bunch of posts about misogyny. I’m not sure how else I should read it, but I felt insulted. I was not trying to insult you by making that accusation.

Like, my second reply dude…
And we’re done, thanks for chatting, its been real.

1 Like

Much more than your second reply.

It’s been something.

Something something NOT ALL CUSTOMERS something.

2 Likes

Yeah, if it’s going to offended people who walk by in the course of their job duties, where they work, maybe you might want to rethink what you think is “normal”.

5 Likes

He also happens to find PDA from gay men revolting, apparently. I see an interesting correlation.

2 Likes

Oh you again. Misrepresenting what I said. Again.

Regarding the appropriateness of it, of course it was inappropriate. That is why it is a drunken, shameful story. (It’s worth mentioning, I didn’t actually say it)

1 Like

If everybody get you wrong, you’re either a poor communicator or you’re willfully blinding yourself. But of course, it’s the world to blame.

4 Likes

No, it really mostly seems to be you.

Encoding is never the issue, its always decoding, why is that? (shit, thats another question isn’t it?)

6 Likes

See what that thread does to people?

4 Likes

5 Likes