Deaths: Actor Bob Einstein, 'Super Dave Osborne' and Marty Funkhouser on ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/02/deaths-actor-bob-einstein-ak.html

Nooooo! I love Bob Einstein. Check out his 2 (two) recent appearances on Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars.

5 Likes

As a kid, it seemed inevitable that “Super Dave” should die at some point in time, but man…that took a long time. /s

9 Likes

Fly high Super Dave, magnificent crazy man. rip… :cry:

4 Likes

He’s also the brother of writer/actor/director Albert Brooks.

12 Likes

After he survived this epic stunt – somehow – I thought nothing could kill Super Dave!

15 Likes

I hope the drive to the cemetery avoids any embarrassing mishaps.

(Said with total respect for a career of committed schtick)

6 Likes

Some if us remember him from before Super Dave.

The original Smothers Brothers show. Writing for endless variety shows in the sixties and seventies. He just always seemed to be there, maybe because if his height.

6 Likes

“Larry, go to a mirror.”

6 Likes

there’s an episode of a pilot for an abominable show he co-starred in called “three for tahiti” on this sketchy video site - https://www.downvids.net/bob-einstein-quot-three-for-tahiti-quot-part-1--440082.html

it’s so bad, it’s entertaining in a time capsule way

Ah man…

“You want happiness? Get away from the box.”

4 Likes

Mostly I remember him from all his David Letterman appearances like this one.

4 Likes

A very underrated movie, BTW.

4 Likes

“Can you take me right to the graveyard please” - lol

4 Likes

Grateful for Bob Einstein !

3 Likes

A comedian’s comedian. Happy trails, King of the Road:

4 Likes

They had a previous interview on CBC Radio. Apparently the dummy smacked down face-first into the back of someone’s convertible. It made an interesting police report.

4 Likes

I remember him from Bizarre with John Byner on CTV back in the day. Always some stunt gone wrong would result in Super Dave’s horrible yet not-fatal injury. The deadpan delivery was killer.

4 Likes

For those who didn’t notice, yes, his brother Albert Brooks changed his last from Einstein.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.